cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P30 Lite - model MAR-LX1M

lance_t81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently got a new Huawei P30 Lite - model MAR-LX1M with 6GB/128GB. 

My currently phone is a Samsung Galaxy A5, and this phone works perfectly fine with the nano SIM card from Public Mobile. 

However, when I placed the Public Mobile SIM card into the new Huawei P30 Lite, I cannot make or receive any calls.  This phone works fine with my friend's BellMTS SIM card, so I know it's not the phone itself.  I also tried this phone with a Rogers SIM card, and it works fine too.

I had tried to restart the phone, power-cycled it, etc, but still unable to use it on Public Mobile. 

Does anyone know if this phone is compatible?
Thanks in advance!

144 REPLIES 144

@Anonymous 

Aha relevance! Maybe you should add that nugget when you make that suggestion.

If you haven't refreshed your home internet network in the last month or two this may help your pm website user experience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Mountain? Blue Sea? Nope. Just an adult-life-long computer techy. Here's the #1 tip I would give to anybody with anything to do with required technology...a UPS. Not a stereo. Not a tv (although surge protection would be good for those). Stuff that you want to keep working even through a power outage. A UPS has all the surge protection in it too to make the power as clean and solid as it can be. Weird power can be nasty to electronics.

Edit: @darlicious : I hate to lose to technology.

@Anonymous 

@Anonymous and @Nezgar are good examples of community triple threats....they like to test, tinker and troubleshoot their way out of a problem and either pass on what they have learned or discovered along the way to other members or are very good at troubleshooting with a willing OP who is just as curious, diligent and/or tenacious to get to the bottom of the matter at hand.

This is how many good glitches are discovered and bad glitches get fixed or a decent workaround developed.

Its often a thread like this one that you just sit back and read a few pages, go do your thang....come back read some more...maybe have a thought but not necessarily post if it interrupts the flow of brainstorming. But if you have a eureka moment or find a little gem of info that may help then you post it and think some more..... I had a thought about testing with a telus sim card but then dismissed it and finally posted on page 9 when @sheytoon posted the providers bands as I had been wondering about those specific bands and how it may or may not affect pm customers calling in Brandon and Winnipeg.

This is very helpful info for any Winterpeggers wanting to refer their friends or family to pm and not worry about calling being a major issue....like the hullabaloo caused by those koodo and telus migration texts about losing voice call services. I think this is the fourth customer since spring that has had a significant issue caused by the lack of B5 with the telus network in these two cities.

A good example of when you should be reading (listening) rather than posting (talking)!🤔😁😉

cool.. finally we nailed it!!

and thanks @lance_t81 , you have been wonderful to work with, can you believe we are at page 15!!   

Usually OP stop replying at the 3rd post and start blaming the network.. and you have been great spending time to look for the root cause.. and Most importantly, we learned a bit more about Telus in Winnipeg  from this experiment  

and of course a  big bravo to @sheytoon   🙂

lance_t81

I just want to start by saying that... I have learned a great deal from all of you on this forum.  I really and truly appreciate the effort and time that you guys are taking out of your day to assist me with this mystery.

Normally, my experience with smart phones is that you just pop in the SIM card and it just works.  This one however, was a different experience.

Having said that, I got some screenshots from the family member who bought this phone.  It was listed as this:

lance_t81_0-1640127994673.pnglance_t81_1-1640128076376.png

So, as highlighted, B2 is not listed in one of the supported frequencies - so it all makes sense now.  My cousin didn't read the freqs; she assumed it is a Global version and it would work.
Frankly, this has been a learning experience for me as well.

Thank you all!

[ZOUNDS! 15 pages ....... Luddite]

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Because you live in the mountain in front of the blue sea, then your Internet is will be faster and not busy but those who live in the city i don't see any wrong for resetting a home network is be wrong 

i did ever 3 week or 5 week to refreshing network, but we can ask @sheytoon 

about it if can Tell about this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : You asked what I had done for this OP. See how many pages this thread is? A good number of those are from me. This OP has been a great sport in their involvement with their thread. I don't go to pm to help people. I do it all out here.

Yes others do copy/paste...of relevant information. Not your massive everything plus the kitchen sink tomes and then even spread across several posts.

Again...the kitchen sink item of resetting a home network is ridiculous. I almost never do and my home network just keeps on ticking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

ok i will do my best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

my VIP person @darlicious  today i know about @sheytoon  and i will do listening and will do more reading to will getting more correct information i like to learn from nice and right people.

i appreciate it very much...thanks a lot @darlicious...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sheytoon wrote:

@Anonymous to answer your question, it's my job. I'm a telecom engineer who has worked on many of these network sharing projects directly.

@sheytoon 

pleased to meet you, i would like to learn from your experience, my Regards, thank you.

@Anonymous : Read. See what happens when you read. Everything everybody says here is not always just directed at an OP. We can all consume the knowledge and proceed with it. But you can only do that if you actually read. You seem to have a peculiar aversion to doing that. It's not always direct interaction. You absorb it from the community as a whole...by reading.

@Anonymous 

I have learned a tonne from @sheytoon  who has been absolutely fantastic at explaining cell technology to my non-techie brain so that I have been able to grasp the concepts and begin to have somewhat of a working knowledge so that with some research and theorizing I can often find a likely solution online even if I dont fully understand or sometimes barely understand the technological aspects that are an issue that needs a solution. A bit of that Ken Jennings wisdom at play.

Recognize your strengths and exploit them but more importantly recognize your weaknesses and surround yourself with people who are strong where you are weak and exploit their expertise to learn and increase your knowledge. When they speak you listen.

As my late great jackeen used to say you will get in the most trouble when you are speaking when you should have been listening!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheytoon wrote:

Nice to meet you as well. Have a look at the link that @darlicious posted. If there's any questions about the network or 3G/4G/5G technology, just ask in that thread and I'll do my best to answer.

@sheytoon 

yeah i do see LTE network fundamentals - Page 4 - Community (publicmobile.ca)

so nice and Good Luck.

Nice to meet you as well. Have a look at the link that @darlicious posted. If there's any questions about the network or 3G/4G/5G technology, just ask in that thread and I'll do my best to answer.

@Anonymous  runner will bravo you soon   🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheytoon wrote:

@Anonymous to answer your question, it's my job. I'm a telecom engineer who has worked on many of these network sharing projects directly.

@sheytoon 

pleased to meet you, i would like to learn from your experience, my Regards, thank you.

@lance_t81 good on you for your determination in chasing this down to the end. I love it, wish everyone was as willing to troubleshoot their problems.

@lance_t81   . If you have bought it from a source with good support and rebate/exchange service and bought not long ago, tell them what you find . (the discrepancy from Huawei's serial number check and the lack of B2 

If not, try to see what Huawei said, however, I doubt they will do much.  Manufacturer usually don't deal with this unless you bought it directly through them.

lance_t81

Finding out more details about where this phone was bought from.

It was bought online, and according to the family member who bought this as a gift, it was listed as a Global Version.

Will try to get screenshots of purchase from him

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

look you only member in here not doing copy/paste.. all member the doing copy/paste.

for Restarting a home network yes is Really and not wrong if anyone doing one time in 3 week,

to refreshing network, you don't doing this because you don't have experience,

so why you try to bring sheytoon in this what i say to sheytoon nothing and i'm not see any post of him/her in here!

also i post some info to OP to getting help what are you try to do i don't know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : lol You _constantly_ challenge anyone that has the audacity to call you out, that tags you to correct a post of yours. This is not just me. Many regulars have called you out over time. You badger them either reporting them or pm's whining and complaining about being called out. Like you are now.

You have been a regular here for a number of years too. But you have this problem with not reading other posts in threads. You see a subject line and slam down a copy/paste of everything. You might read the OP and find one little piece that you might make sense of and slam down a copy/paste of everything. Restarting a home network? Really?

Like a few others you constantly slam down your copy/paste of everything when the thread has been well answered by others. Or worse...many hours after the thread seems to have died.

Without reading others' posts. That's the proof that you don't. If you did then you would have learned who sheytoon was and his contributions here. But you don't read other posts. So you would not have learned that. Most other regulars know of him. Because they read threads. You don't. It's enormously frustrating for all the regulars here to see your bahaviour here. It's not just me. I just happen to be the curmudgeon to say something.

I knew it.. the "runner" "walked" into here and bravo..  AGAIN..

why don't you bravos other posts?  you just  got popcorns and only want to watch a fight?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

so why you call it challenge, i'm not challenge anyone, i just try to help other and i don't have to reading a history of all member to see who is them or what them have of information is good to them not to me and i like to learn from other more..  i know you try to put it me the bad in here but your are the wrong and is not nice you doing this, i don't know when you will be nice and also i don't know why you doing this to me only what is wrong with you i don't know.. i'm want to help you as i like to be nice with you all time but you never will be...

@lance_t81   at the point we thought we want to close this investgation, now more unsolved mystery with your phone!!!!

ok.. if Huawei serial number lookup said it is a nova 4e, i would believe that.

Then it's is a ticket to Huawei why you might have a Nova4e phone instead.. yes, Nova4E is a P30 Lite for the Chinese market..

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-launches-the-Nova-4e-a-Huawei-P30-Lite-for-the-Chinese-market.4...

so.. does that mean they messed up the firmware or even the chips inside was wrong?  You can tell them from your test, it's clearly that the spec is more a Chinese Nova 4 than a Russian P30 Lite.. see what they say

@lance_t81 

Well that explains a lot....your phone is made for the domestic market only. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lance_t81 : It's just odd that all the specs say it can do all that PM needs except for the one that I found from Russia. I'm not sure I'd want a phone that has any limitations for the Canadian market...MB complication notwithstanding. But maybe the phone would be perfectly fine elsewhere in the country.

Maybe go for a drive out to Portage. Try it out there. Or at least maybe 40 odd km away from Headingly. Like Oakville that should pick up towers in Portage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lance_t81 

Edit: your device is HUAWEI nova 4e 

visit  Here link, to check it all Provider in Canada about compatibility with any device,

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

lance_t81

These are the screen details for the model and S/N

lance_t81_0-1640120130433.pnglance_t81_1-1640120145842.png

@lance_t81   where you got the phone from?  why the box say different one?  private sell ?

lance_t81

The box says P30 Lite... but yes.... that would totally explain what we are seeing with the data reported by CellMapper

😅

Need Help? Let's chat.