cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Overseas Rooming

pmpgsusana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I am going to Europe and want to know how to stop rooming for there are too many scam text message and incoming call that I want to prevent rooming charges due to this kind of scamming.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will NOT have ANY service outside of this continent so no spam or lewd calls while you are in Europe holding phone with PM SIM in your hand.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pmpgsusana Again no worry, PM does not offer roaming in Europe, So, won't have any prepaid charge at all

if you need data, use the local data sim card.  Europe has many choices and those cards work in most European countries. Cheap and lots of data. Great deals everywhere

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27   There won't be any texts received in Europe from PM.   I think @softech means texts being received in the US?

@BKNS27   no , you are absolutely correct.  PM sim won't even functionin in Europe. So OP wont not have got the scam text or phone calls that would cause him roaming charge at all

My reply above about the text from Pm asking to buy roaming was meant if he ever in US before and got those text (or maybe he was with another provider before and got that)

@softech 

I am surprised that they will get a text if they are in Europe.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@pmpgsusana PM is prepaid service and only provide roaming service in US. 

If you didnt but roaming addon, you won't be charged for using it 

Yes, you might receive text from PM trying to ask you to buy roaming.  Best way to avoid that is to turn on Airplane mode them you can enable Wifi back if you need Wifi.  So, Airplane mode on and Wifi on

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@pmpgsusana  public mobile won’t work in Europe , so you shouldn’t need to worry about that … and just get a local SIM card while your away leave PM SIM card at home so you don’t lose it 

Need Help? Let's chat.