cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a better deal?

Doggie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With the new pricing structure, my bill more than doubled? Are there better deals out there?

9 REPLIES 9

@Rastin wrote:

If you don't need data telus has a $100 up front a year plan with unlimited talk and text for 2 years. So about 8.30 a month +tax

Could you please provide link to that offer; I was not able to find it or what I found is 400min limit

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you don't need data telus has a $100 up front a year plan with unlimited talk and text for 2 years. So about 8.30 a month +tax

Doggie

How can I use the points for payment? 

Doggie

My situation is similar. I don't need much data as I have another phone. But I want to keep my number. The new price is more than double as I no longer have any loyalty and referral discounts.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Doggie 

I have my main phone iPhone 14 Pro Max on PM but I have 3 other phones (2 iphones and 1 Samsung) that are not on any carriers.

The 3 phones have their own number on TextNow app and each have their own email account. I connect to wifi to check emails, calling and texting. When wifi is not available, I hotspot to the iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Nothing better than FREE phone service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Doggie while PM charges you full plan price for renewal, you earn back 5% points and friend referral points back after.  So, instead of a full $7 increase, it is usually just around $4 increase after you factor in the points you get back 

For better plans, if you are on $25-1Gb plan now, they are offering a $19-1Gb for existing subscribers, this is really a plan you should change to if you are on $25

Also, PM has been sending out SMS offer to selected customers, check if you got one 

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Doggie better than what?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Doggie 

For existing customers, may want to consider these following PM plans:

$19/month for 1 GB LTE

$29/month for 10 GB LTE

$34/month for 50 GB Canada/US LTE 

$40/month for 75 GB Canada/US LTE 

Some of these plans may be cheaper than some of the grandfathered plans. 

For example, it makes sense for any old $25 plan 1GB 3G to switch over to the $19 plan.  Basically paying the same without the legacy rewards (ie. autopay and loyalty).

Other customers have look elsewhere, like Freedom, Fizz and Lucky mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.