cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the porting number status?

d8yan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported the old number from koodo 4 hrs ago. I saw more posts that said it could be done in 2-4 hr. I did confirm the old number through text message but didn't hear back from Public Mobile. Can anyone provide me with customer service contact info that allows me to check? thanks

10 REPLIES 10

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan   Submit a ticket to customer support to get this sorted.  Here's a link to chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If unable to submit a ticket, then send a private message to CS_Agent here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@frankis    Not sure if you've already received it but I'll private message you the Telus Porting #, check your message box top right.

@frankis   Sorry, but I misread your post and as advised just now via PM, you'll need to contact the carrier you are porting out to have them request PM to send you another transfer text.  Keep the PM SIM in your phone until you respond and the account also needs to be active to facilitate the port.

d8yan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The problem now is that the koodo stop my service but my public phone number didn't change. And when I called port team, it said there is not porting service for this number.

frankis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could you message me the phone number too? I tried to port out from Public Mobile today, received the txt message but when I replied "Yes" nothing happened.

@Coverhiro   Please check your Community inbox for the phone number. 

But the porting team is now closed and you won't be talking to live person if you call now.  So, call them tomorrow morning

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could you send me the information for the porting team as well? Koodo port to Public Mobile.

Thank you.

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you lose Koodo service before doing this? Or doing that activates the Public Mobile Account?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

One sure fire way to check is to try to login to your Koodo account, @d8yan 

You'll almost immediately see the login page changed from what you may be used to seeing.  It will produce a final statement to today's date (presuming you were post-paid with Koodo)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@d8yan 

Put the PM sim in your phone and reboot. Also if your Koodo account is closed the number has been ported out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@d8yan   yes, there is a porting team you can call and talk to live support.  I will message you the phone number. Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.