cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add more data to my account?

evgn12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public Mobile and unknowingly blew 12 gb of data over 2 months - still not sure how I did that. I will now have to endure an entire month without data. Is there any way to add 1-2 gb of data onto my account for just one month? If so, how?

12 REPLIES 12

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@evgn12, you mentioned you have an Android phone.  As you're interested in monitoring your data usage, community member @IWIK has developed an app for Public Mobile users at no cost to us on this network.  Look for Data Witness in the Play Store.

Very accurate, and easy to setup and use.

@mimmo wrote:
99.9999% sure you can have a mod renew your promo plan early. You just need to ask them. Not sure if they will need you to add funds or if autopay will be enough.

Add the funds THEN send a message to request the early renewal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
99.9999% sure you can have a mod renew your promo plan early. You just need to ask them. Not sure if they will need you to add funds or if autopay will be enough.

@WafikI know that I have seen reports of early renewal of in-market-plans. I stand corrected if it is also possible for a mod to do an early renewal of an expired / grandfathered plans.

Sorry, I'm off to a meeting, so no time for an extensive search, but if this is still valid (post is from last fall) it would warrant my caution: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Early-renewal-of-data-only-pl...

@CS_Agentcould you please clarify? (I'm sure it has been asked before but couldn't find it with a quick search.)

evgn12

Mine is the promo 2 months ago for Freedom Mobile users - 12 GB for 3 months for $120. 

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Since he said he blew 12GB in 2 months I assumed he was on the promo plan from the fall. I could be wrong. I just wanted to give him another option. To my understanding, mods have helped other people early renew and stay on the same promo plan as others have talked about that here. I apologize in advance if this information is incorrect.

@WafikWhile I'm not sure what exact plan evgn12 is on... it is my understanding from reading the forums (for example this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Early-Renewal-for-the-Data-Hu... that early renewals are not possible if you want to keep a promo or grandfathered plan.

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@evgn12 another option you might want to consider is renewing your 90 day plan early as $30 for 1GB is expensive enough on it's own and if you have a month to go, you may have a hard time only having 1GB for a month.

Contact the Mod team @CS_Agent and you can asking them to renew your 90 day plan early.  You will have to pay the full amount again, but at least then you will have 4GB to use over the next month and it will only cost you $10 more that month than if you buy the 1GB addon.  Just a thought.

evgn12

I think I was just being careless with my usage. I switched from a plan where I had 2.5 GB per month and almost never went over because I was being very conservative. When I started on this plan with 12GB for 3 months, I thought there was a lot more data so I was being a bit more wasteful. I will need to start using my data usage tracking feature on my phone (Android) once I get my data back.. But I feel almost crippled having to go through a full month without data 😕

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

@evgn12 wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile and unknowingly blew 12 gb of data over 2 months - still not sure how I did that. I will now have to endure an entire month without data. Is there any way to add 1-2 gb of data onto my account for just one month? If so, how?

Data add ons are $30 for 1GB, so it is pretty expensive. What phone do you have (iOS or Android) Apple has a feature where it will use data if your Wi-Fi signal is weak. Some android phones have that feature too. Also do your apps run and update in the background?

If you watch a lot of youtube or listen to a lot of music over data, thay plays into affect too

prezPM
It's right on the overview screen "purchase add on"

Plus they last until all of that data is used up! No expiration date

prezPM
You can add data by going to the add on section. It will prompt you to add credit to your account then select an add-on
Need Help? Let's chat.