cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Renewal for the Data Hungry

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

A friend is blowing through his data at 6 GB/month (lives in cottage country) and considered buying data add-ons. We discovered/confirmed a procedure to renew early provided current plans are acceptable. This will not work if you are on any promo/grandfathered plan. (Thanks to @ShawnC13 for reminding us all.)

1. Login to the account, click Change Plan,  pick 10 day text plan for $11, pay if necessary, click Change Now, logout. 

2. Login to the account, confirm active plan is now 10 day text plan, click Change Plan, 90 day plan of choice with 12 GB data, pay if necessary, click Change Now, logout. 

20 minutes done and dusted. 😎

This does mean abour $100/month for 6 GB which is only just competitive with other providers. But it does add to the flexibility in deciding whether to renew early OR buy data add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If anyone think this should just be a standard feature offered up in self-serve without needing a moderator or @Luddite's workaround, please consider voting up this idea in the public lab: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Add-ability-in-self-serve-system-to-renew-e...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MVP wrote:

Shoot. I did not pay attention. But it seems  early renewal is also  possible with promo plans, one just has to ask a mod?

Right?

Correct.  Just want to make sure people don't try doing the trick in the OP if they have a promo plan.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@WearySky wrote:

@mimmo wrote:
yes mods can early renew. (only option to keep expired plans) This is a workaround having to ask them to make the change for you. Its a valid option if you need data now and don't have a promo plan. I would probably ask a mod and save the 10. Hopefully PM will eventually allow people early renew an existing plan.

There we go, ftfy (just to make it extra clear to people that aren't paying attention) 😉

Shoot. I did not pay attention. But it seems  early renewal is also  possible with promo plans, one just has to ask a mod?

Right?

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:
yes mods can early renew. (only option to keep expired plans) This is a workaround having to ask them to make the change for you. Its a valid option if you need data now and don't have a promo plan. I would probably ask a mod and save the 10. Hopefully PM will eventually allow people early renew an existing plan.

There we go, ftfy (just to make it extra clear to people that aren't paying attention) 😉

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
yes mods can early renew. (only option to keep expired plans) This is a workaround having to ask them to make the change for you. Its a valid option if you need data now. I would probably ask a mod and save the 10. Hopefully PM will eventually allow people early renew an existing plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

My memory is a little sketchy on this, but I thought it was possible to early renew the existing plan by asking the moderators to do it?  So this would work for those want to preserve their expired plan.

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

A friend is blowing through his data at 6 GB/month (lives in cottage country) and considered buying data add-ons. We discovered/confirmed a procedure to renew early provided current plans are acceptable.

1. Login to the account, click Change Plan,  pick 10 day text plan for $11, pay if necessary, click Change Now, logout. 

2. Login to the account, confirm active plan is now 10 day text plan, click Change Plan, 90 day plan of choice with 12 GB data, pay if necessary, click Change Now, logout. 

20 minutes done and dusted. 😎

This does mean abour $100/month for 6 GB which is only just competitive with other providers. But it does add to the flexibility in deciding whether to renew early OR buy data add-ons.

That's an excellent feature! Voting for it with all my limbs!

It actually exemplifies the idea that data is the most important  part of  your plan now!

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 Marks a very good point here! If you have a promo plan that is currently expired, you won't be able to get it back once you switch to another plan 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This change in plan to a 10 day plan first would then eliminate the Fall Promo if you have it correct?  So really if you wanted to keep the Fall Promo and are willing to pay the $100 a month for 6GB you could keep your plan and do two data addons @ $30 each for the same outcome except for the hassel of purchasing the addon twice.  But you would be avoiding the changing to a 10 day plan then another new plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.