cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maze Alpha 4G phone works with Public Mobile's LTE?

canadrian1999
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Works with Public Mobile's LTE?

On the listing says:

4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

As mentioned by others, do not get this phone for Public Mobile. You will not be able to make any voice calls, or use the 3G networks whatsoever.

As for LTE, you can only use B7 (2600), and possibly B4 (sometimes referred to as 2100, sometimes referred to as 1700). Most likely the phone supports B7 and B1 (B1 is also referred to as 2100).

I would not consider using this phone with Public Mobile service.  If those specifications are correct/complete, phone calls will not work at all.

In addition, text messaging and data connections will/may only work some of the time because this model appears to have very limited LTE bands available, and it is missing the most widely used ones  by Public Mobile.

canadrian1999

That's the one, thank you!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If this is the phone, then it won't work very well in Canada.  The 3G bands are not compatible, so no phone calls.  B7 LTE is available, but it's not nearly as well covered as B4.  2G works with Rogers until they shut it down in the not too distant future.  

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_647665.html

canadrian1999

Full specs:

2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz 
3G: WCDMA 900/2100MHz 
4G: FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I don't see band 4, 1700/2100, listed for this phone.  So assume that you will NOT be getting lte on the most widely used band with this phone.  Your lte coverage is likely to be spotty unless you are lucky and live in the region where band 7 is being heavily used.  

1900 and 850 MHz bands are required for the 3G/WCDMA to work... without a 3G connection, you will not be able to make or receive calls as PM uses 3G network for all calls.  

Please verify that you have 3G bands 850 and 1900 on this phone.  If you can't find the info, send a message to the seller and inquire first.  It will be a big hassle to try and return an incompatible phone to the Chinese sellers.  

canadrian1999

Thanks, I did googled, but nothing. Also nothing on willmyphonework website. Thanks.

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The phone should work.  It appears to be compatible with band 4 (most common) and band 7.  Google your question to make sure, but it looks to me like it will work.

Need Help? Let's chat.