cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate plan without downloading app

IanLindsay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am locked out of my app store and can't download apps. I need a phone plan to call apple about this, so bought a public mobile plan. I need to download the PM app to activate my plan. Why? I have a PM SIM card in my phone and just paid

23 REPLIES 23

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Thanks I will.

@dust2dust 

I know weird it's not there so I'm wondering if it's because it's a new account?

Interesting. I have it immediately above voicemail password on the app (as you asked about).

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech @dust2dust 

Here's what's showing accessing the account online....the same as the app. No account pin section?

PXL_20230627_014005055~2.jpg

@maximum_gato- The app is a black hole. Tap the little + symbol and tap profile and tap the pencil under account security info next to pin password.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@softech 

Do you know where new users enter/create their 4 digit account pin code? I can't find it anywhere.

@maximum_gato  activation no longer have the 4 digits PIN setup step, you have to go to Profile page to reset it yourself

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pinhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/reset/pin

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

That's the problem I can't find it in the account. It should be on the profile page. Maybe I just can't find it in the "less than stellar" app?

@maximum_gato- I seem to think one isn't created anymore. One needs to reset it in ones profile. That's just the top of my head memory. 🙂

IanLindsay

ok I really appreciate all your help. It's ridiculous I can't do this online, like I need a phone to get a phone lol. brb, let me call my friend and ask to borrow their phone. oh wait

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@IanLindsay 

Well if you trust me I can probably finish your activation for using the app on my tablet. An activation asks for precious little personal info nowadays. You could use a throwaway email account and change the email in your self serve account after activation.

@softech 

Do you know where new users enter/create their 4 digit account pin code? I can't find it anywhere.

And then of course you can't get a voip app to make that call either. Sheesh.

Adding - what about their precious Facetime?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

" I need a phone plan to call apple about this" 

@IanLindsay   if you need to call Apple to fix the app store issue, another way is to find a friend to help with that

agian, you can also ask your friend to help download the app and complete that step

IanLindsay

physical

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@IanLindsay 

Do you have a physical Sim card or an e-sim?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What do you got to do to get locked out of the app store? Is this a regional thing?

@maximum_gato   it has something to do with eSIM. They want the app to help to automate the eSIM installation setp. Of course, for physical sim, that is not needed, but they try to make it one process fits all  🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@IanLindsay 

Pm really needs to return to having a full activation on the website. Do you have a friend or family member that can download the app for you to finish activating? They can uninstall it afterwards.

IanLindsay

I can't download apps-  as I mentioned I'm locked out of the itunes store. I can't call apple about it because I don't have a phone 

@IanLindsay   you likely need a friend to help to download the app and complete the second half of the activation process

IanLindsay

it demands the app

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@IanLindsay  it’s best to just use the app to activate . As it makes you do it to finish activating now anyways . But once activated you can use the website to manage your account and delete the app afterwards

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@IanLindsay   Yes, you need the app to finish the activation and there is no way to go around it. Sorry

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you get very far using subscribe.publicmobile.ca . Or does it just end up demanding the app?

Need Help? Let's chat.