cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate esim outside of Canada

Pierras
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm considering getting an esim for my family member who is travelling to Canada this week. Is it possible for them to activate the esim on their phone when they are still outside of Canada before getting on the plane? It will be easier for me to guide the activation while they still have wifi at home.

Or the only way they can activate it is when they have landed?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Pierras 

Your family member will need to activate eSIM when he or she arrives in Canada. 

Unable to receive 2FA while abroad and some customers are unable to download App while abroad also.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Pierras 

Unfortunately they can activate eSIM. They need to download the PM app on their foreign phones to activate the eSIM. Their phone need to have their app account location  changed to Canada to get the he PM app.

If they can’t download the app on their phone. Best to activate on your phone with SIMs but remember to logout of your account and activate a new account with a different email address for them. You can purchase SIMs from a Telus/Koodo store for $10 or from Amazon for $4.99 on Prime days for fast delivery. Order from PM May take up to 3 weeks and Submit a Ticket to an CS_Agent for a credit for the SIMs.

You can put the activated SIMs in their phone when they arrive in Canada.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't see why not. It's all done online. The only problem I could see is you won't know if it's working till you got here as it only works in canada and the US.

Need Help? Let's chat.