cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Contact an MOD without Using the Chat Bot?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Chat Bot doesn't work because PM site is closed due to maintenance. Before could send a direct email to an MOD. I need help to find out what their User ID is so I can email them about a defective phone they sent to me. Thanks!

85 REPLIES 85

@Yummy 

Pm sends the customer a prepaid shipping envelope to return the phone to pm at no extra cost.

@allagelman 

Newbies!! There has been several new hires recently and pm's outsourced customer support does not have particularly strong training as it seems to be trial by fire. They CSA's are either naturals or they aren't. This latest crop do not seem to have a lot of home grown talent among them unfortunately....the best advice I can give you is the same advice I was given when I just wasn't going to take no as the answer from the CSA. 

Always get a second opinion.....if you are unsure then ask the community otherwise close your ticket/conversation and open a new one but remain polite and ask for a review link each time so you can provide feedback about the customer service you recieved from the CSA(s).

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@allagelman  You'd likely need an account with either provider to buy a phone at a subsidized rate. Unless paying outright. However usually their certified phones are over priced and you'd be better off buying elsewhere. Like Mobile Klinik, factorydirect. 

What type of phone are you looking to buy?. Samsung Canada currently has sales on some phones. They offer the pay bright option to finance the payment instead of paying in full. 

You really have a lot of options depending on what type of phone you're looking to get.

@allagelman   I would give them another chance.  As I said in your other post, this could happen in other places.  at least PM has good return policy, which you are going through now  🙂

Mobile Klinik is the physical store owned by Telus, they sell CPO phones, and they might have a bigger selection.  You might want to try there.

allagelman

allagelman

I'm looking to buy Certified refurbished. However, the last purchase through PM the phone arrived defective. Does anyone know if a refurbished device can be purchased directly from Telus or Koodo *In-store*? Seems a lot of the refurbished phones are defective and to return each one through the mail is very annoying.

Thanks

@softech wrote:

@Yummy   I usually buy in person too.  But, PM has good return policy, so, it doesn't harm to give it a shot. 

And like in this case, although there was a brief scare of unable to return, but it's within 30 days and PM did a good job to honouring their return policy.  (Again, it's no excuse the first agent didn't do a good job and caused this brief scare)

Well, lets kill everybody who makes mistake.

Being polite will always resolve issue faster then being rude and Demand something.

Knowing he/she is right, OP should just continue conversation, provide proof of purchase and everything would be resolved quickly.

As for the returns, does customers pay return shipping or it is somehow included?

@softech wrote:

And it happens occasionally for 2nd phone phones everywhere.. You could get similar experience from Amazon/EBay or other stores if you buy pre-used phones. 

Did you try to buy from BestBuy  market place? Even BB employees refuse to buy stuff from 3rd party sold by their company...

Try kijiji.You can find great and honest people there and new or like new phones.

You cannot compare PM with multi billion Amazon. Amazon does NOT care if you return product or not. They package returns in one big pile and sell in bulk. Too expensive to verify if item is working or not and resell as 'refurbished'. I guess their markup is 500% or higher...

@Yummy   I usually buy in person too.  But, PM has good return policy, so, it doesn't harm to give it a shot. 

And like in this case, although there was a brief scare of unable to return, but it's within 30 days and PM did a good job to honouring their return policy.  (Again, it's no excuse the first agent didn't do a good job and caused this brief scare)

Every time you buy refurbished item there is a risk it is not properly (or at all) inspected.

Do you really think they will unglue every phone and replace battery, for example? How do you know your phone will keep charge; it is refurbished anyway. Even if they do unglue it will they properly glue it back???? Are they going to look for dead pixels?

Personally, I would never buy refurbished item, particularly phone, monitor, and similar. Open box, yes but in the store where I can inspect it first before paying.

@allagelman wrote:

They made a mistake. They apologized for it. However, their mistake wasted time and energy for a simple return. Horrendous basically is what I have to say for buying a phone from PM / Telus. They probably don’t inspect the phone. Now not sure if I should try again or just buy it on Amazon?

For the iPhone 8 Plus PM was my only option sorta. Through Amazon can only get an SE 2 which is double the price.

@allagelman  glad this is resolved!!

But to be fair, they don't really sell the phone from the head office I think.  They sourced this out to a 3rd party and all these works are done with this 3rd party company.  And this same company could be selling used phone for different companies, not just Telus, they might even have an account on Amazon or Ebay.   

Of course, let  PM knows your experience and they will pressure the 3rd party to do better job next time.  

And it happens occasionally for 2nd phone phones everywhere.. You could get similar experience from Amazon/EBay or other stores if you buy pre-used phones.   At least it's peace of mind to buy CPO from here.. you get 30 days full refund and one year warranty.   Some places only gives you 3 months 

Again, the first response from  CS Agent is unacceptable, he didn't do his check properly.

allagelman

They made a mistake. They apologized for it. However, their mistake wasted time and energy for a simple return. Horrendous basically is what I have to say for buying a phone from PM / Telus. They probably don’t inspect the phone. Now not sure if I should try again or just buy it on Amazon?

For the iPhone 8 Plus PM was my only option sorta. Through Amazon can only get an SE 2 which is double the price.

@allagelman wrote:

Phone was purchased on 12/19/2021. Same day they charged me.

Then you are within 30 days return warranty! It looks like CSA made mistake...

Contact them again, you might reach different agent.

allagelman

My original message to PM about return request. They replied to apologize for their mistake. However I don't trust them anymore to buy anything.

I was not able to send a return request by submitting a ticket. Website has a glitch where is doesn't save previous selections I click on thus the system does not let me submit ticket. Here is my return request:

I received my iphone 8 plus the other day and within less hour after opening the box phone is defective. It was never inspected internally I suspect. Device is very glitchy and does not recognize my sim card. Old phone works like a charm. I would like to send this back for a full refund unless Public Mobile and Telus and promise on the exchange they will test the phone to make sure its not freezing or glitching and inspect sim card tray to make sure it recognizes active sims and SIM tray is not defective in any way. If PM team can do a better inspection I would be happy for exchange. Also, Power Adapter makes a noise when you move it by your ear.

@allagelman wrote:

@allagelman 

Then no worry.. you can for sure able to get a full refund.  Sometimes a new agent does not read details carefully.  Either reply on the original ticket and provide all the proof or create a new ticket.

Come back and tell us the good news .. 

allagelman

You did not mention When did you make a purchase?

If you did purchase within 30 days and received it 2 days ago, PM should honour returns.

If you purchased it let say in November but received only Now, I would argue with them as for me, 30 days return warranty should start from the day you received phone.

If everything fails, you can take it to Telus store and request them to fix it. If it is not fixable most likely you will get replacement. I hope it works this way...

No doubt,  VERY frustrating @allagelman 

However,  if you like the device (and don't get a different result after demonstrating your purchase date) or by requesting a senior Customer Service Agent review the matter,  just try bringing your receipt and phone to a TELUS location for assistance.

@allagelman   When did you make the purchase?  What exact date and what date you submit the ticket? 

If it is within 30 days of the purchase before you submit the ticket, don't give up, open another ticket again and another Support Agent will pick up the ticket and maybe you will have better luck

(you might be able to just reply the original ticket with all the proof of the date, a lot of the time, another agent will pickup the reply instead)

allagelman

What does everyone think of the below message? I messaged CSAgent MOD to request a return request because the phone say shipped out to me on 12/19/2021 is defective.

UPS delivered on. Tuesday, December 21.

...............................................................................................................................................

We’re sorry you’re not happy with your phone. We looked into the purchase history of this device and unfortunately, this request does not meet our 30-day return policy. As such, we will not be able to honour the request for a return or exchange.

If you are curious to learn more about our 30-day Money Back Guarantee please check out our help article here.

Please note, if your phone is in need of a repair, our Certified Pre-Owned phones are supported by a 1-year repair service through TELUS locations. Bring your receipt and phone to a TELUS location for assistance.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reply to this message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Francis.
Customer Support Agent.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hello @allagelman 

Now that you know how to contact the Customer Service Agents, care to give the Community a try?

Can you share what appears to be defective about the device?  (not doubting your conclusion, just perhaps there's a troubleshooting option here...)

Perhaps start with make/model and what seems to be problematic with it.  Also, what you may have already tried to get it working.

@allagelman 

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past year since pm has increased staffing levels.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@BeachNBeer wrote:

Send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

However for phone issues purchased via Public Mobile you must visit this link below and follow the instructions given. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs#:~:text=General&t....

The same Public Mobile CSAs are now contacted for CPO phone returns as other issues.  This changed a while ago and these returns are no longer processed by sending an e-mail message to Public Mobile.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Send a private message to: 

However for phone issues purchased via Public Mobile you must visit this link below and follow the instructions given. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/phone-warranty-returns-repairs#:~:text=General&t....

@allagelman wrote:

Chat Bot doesn't work because PM site is closed due to maintenance. Before could send a direct email to an MOD. I need help to find out what their User ID is so I can email them about a defective phone they sent to me. Thanks!

Please click on the folloowing link:

Please note that you may be better off waiting to submit the ticket throught he SIMon chatbot because these tickets are automatically asssigned a higher priority in the queue.

Need Help? Let's chat.