cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is this promotion on for?

JUNA1D5HAH
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How long is the promotion on for to activate 2 new lines?

15GB40PLAN.PNG

28 REPLIES 28

@zomgadomokun...

no worries about losing existing Rewards either. That old grandfathered plan was good in it's day...but PM has evolved. Now there's some attractive $35 and $40 plans with Unlimited Canada wide calling AND lots more data. 

As a matter of fact...if you find you don't burn through a lot of data and don't make a lot of Canada wide calls...consider lightening the load with the $15 plan. You get 250MB's data, Unlimited Text and 100 minutes of Canada wide calling. Add the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to that as a back-up.

Also...keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks for PM's seasonal freebies. Last year we all got International calling minutes and 5GB of data...FOR FREE !!!

Will be interesting to see of PM does that again !   😎

zomgadomokun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @JUNA1D5HAH and everyone! I have the same exact plan and was worried about losing some 'grandfather' status plan leaving the 90 day for this "sounds too good to be true" plan. ❤️

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

The "infamous" Fall 2016 promo....90 days/12gb/$120 w/unlimited provincial calling, full speed 4G LTE data. This is the plan pm tried to raise the price by $30/90 days=$10/30 days but recieved such a backlash and a torrent of CCTS complaints that pm promptly backpedalled and canceled the rate hike the following day.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/40-4GB-Plan-getting-10-month-price-INCREA...

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What promo would that be from 2016? I know it's not available of course, but just curious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rugerty100 

In the past pm has always honored scheduled plan changes that are set to occur after a plan has been pulled from market or a limited time offer has expired. The first time that I know of that this did not occur automatically was with the $55/20gb student plan which I suspect was a glitch combined with some newbie agents with arrogant attitudes.

Given that management dropped hints about this promotional plan expiring on All Hallows eve and it has not as of yet.....I suspect it has proven so popular in particular with customers on the Fall 2016 promo that pm has let it stay for awhile longer as they push out text notifications to customers that will either upgrade their plan or move them off the Fall 2016 promo that they no longer want to administer and would prove difficult to apply a rate hike to due to the wording of the promotion.

rugerty100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow, it's surprising that they wouldn't automatically process a scheduled plan change if the plan disappears....

I have friends that just renewed their 90 day plan during October and have the change scheduled for mid January.

Judging by this text i got from PM today encouraging this, i think it will be fine:

"Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 15GB of 4G speed data for only $40/month. Reply "YES" to get this limited time offer added to your account on your next renewal date.

Plus, tell your friends that they can also get this offer. Available for a limited time to new customers during the Activation process.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

Interesting note is that i already set mine to change on their website a few days ago. 

@Pawprints1986 

Three was a post about this.  PM didn't honour the scheduled plan change.  But the OP of that post opened ticket, push for escalation and it was then a happy ending

Pawprints1986

Your question brings up an interesting thought for me... If you "lock in" your new promo plan to start on your next renewal, and the promo ends before that date, do you still get that deal on your next renewal since you already "subscribed" to it? Or would it just not change? Not that many have 90 day plans, but definitely a curious thought! This has potential to happen with 30 day plans too if you just renewed the day before the offer

Hmm.... 🤔

@JUNA1D5HAH...

your existing 120day plan only allowed for Unlimited Provincial Talk...all new plans today include Unlimited Canada wide calling as part of the plan. ...BONUS !!  🤓

JUNA1D5HAH

thanks @JK8 

@JUNA1D5HAH 

Correct…new plan is $40 every 30 days.

JUNA1D5HAH

I just want to confirm one thing before i make the change here.

The old plan says $120 for 90 days and the new plan will be15GB40PLAN2.PNG $40 for 30 days correct?

JUNA1D5HAH

THANK YOU EVERY1 FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!!!

Metal1967

@JUNA1D5HAH  PM  prepaid only.. 

@JUNA1D5HAH   Prepiad is correct.  PM is a prepaid provider,  it means you pay for the service on the next 30 days

For plan change, make sure you choose Change plan on renewal date if you do not need the extra data urgently.    The other option, Change plan now, will allows PM to charge you now and starts a new cycle immediately.  Remaining days on the current cycle will be forfeited (wasted)

JUNA1D5HAH

Thanks for the info @softech ....I will change my 2 existing plans right away.

for the new SIM cards....the link says Public Mobile Prepaid SIM Prepaid Phone....that will work correct...there are no PostPaid SIM Cards right?

Metal1967

@JUNA1D5HAH  Try Amazon.. fast delivery if they have stock

@JUNA1D5HAH wrote:

I have 2 situations currently:

1) I have 2 existing lines that I was thinking of changing plans to this promo and was worried about losing certain promos and rewards such as 1GB Promo, 2GB one-time data bonus, $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US), $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US, & 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus.

2) I want to buy 2 new SIM Cards and activate two new lines for my daughters on this promo plan but cannot find SIM Cards.

@JUNA1D5HAH 

1. The rewards you listed out will not be affected by any plan change.  They are there as long as your account is active and until they are used up

2. If you cannot find it from local Telus /Koodo store, Try  to order from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-prepaid-postpaid-Activate-Allinone/dp/B06X9ZGDWG

@JUNA1D5HAH 

If you cannot get sims at a nearby Telus or Koodo store, then look at Amazon. Hopefully you have prime. The promo is a limited time and can disappear at anytime.

JUNA1D5HAH

I have 2 situations currently:

1) I have 2 existing lines that I was thinking of changing plans to this promo and was worried about losing certain promos and rewards such as 1GB Promo, 2GB one-time data bonus, $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US), $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US, & 500 one-time Int'l LD bonus.

2) I want to buy 2 new SIM Cards and activate two new lines for my daughters on this promo plan but cannot find SIM Cards.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I had bought my SIM card at the Superstore back in 2019 at the Mobile Shop. If there's one nearby, it might be worth calling to inquire. I haven't looked anywhere else for a SIM card.

Why are you looking for 2 new SIM cards if you are asking regarding 'promos and rewards'???

You can order new SIM from PM or look at Koodo/Telus retail stores if any has any left.

If you are existing customer you will not lose rewards when changing plan. Promos are different story if they are tied up with certain promo: $x plan with yGB for z months - this one you will lose.

JUNA1D5HAH

I saw that but have heard nightmare stories about delivery times.

I do not want to be stuck with 2 SIM Cards and the promo plan is over.

Look at top of this page / Shop / Sim cards.

JUNA1D5HAH

if I have 2 existing lines with promos and rewards, will I lose my promos and rewards if I change to this new plan?

JUNA1D5HAH

next question....where do I find 2 new SIM CARDS?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nobody here knows..take advantage whilst you can. You need a sim for each account.

Need Help? Let's chat.