cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for referral credit to show up?

bf7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently referred a friend to publicmobile and helped her sign up about 12 hours ago. we both got texts immedietely about being referred and got the $25 promotional credit. When I first signed up, my autopay credit showed up immedietely and I found it odd that the referral credit hasn't shown up yet. With the $25 and 2$ autopay my account is now sitting at $27 but the referral hasn't kicked in yet. Does it come in the next payment cycle?publicmobile1.PNGpublicmobile2.PNG

11 REPLIES 11

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@luke11992

If your friend activated online, you should get $25 within 72 hours.  If your friend activated in store, you will get ongoing $1 credit monthly.  Did your friend get the $25 credit?

If more than 72 hours and friend did activate online, you will need to contact moderator.  

It just went through, all good now!

@luke11992

If your friend activated online, you should get $25 within 72 hours.  If your friend activated in store, you will get ongoing $1 credit monthly.  Did your friend get the $25 credit?

If more than 72 hours and friend did activate online, you will need to contact moderator.  

luke11992

Weird, I just referred someone the other day and I got the text immediately about referring a friend, but my account hasn't shown the $25 credit yet. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cappaj wrote:

So does your account balance briefly go up on the night of your renewal payment, just before the rewards are applied against your renewal payment? Is that something you can actually see happen?

If so, I guess technically yeah, the rewards are put into your account balance. But that feels like splitting hairs - effectively, they're never really funds that you carry in your balance, since they're taken out almost as soon as they're put in, right?

Yes, you can see the rewards added.  I'm sure what the time is between when the money is added and then money is subtracted, but it's not instantaneous. Last month, I think I saw the money added stay in my account for at least 30 minutes.

It is money that gets added to your account.  Ex: If you have the $20 plan and 15 referrals with autopay and you get a $10 community reward:

$15 + $2 + $10 = $27 

$27 - $20 = $7 added to your balance.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Allow me to weigh in on this one.  As stated in the announcement, the referral bonus takes up to 72 hours to show up in the account.  It has been the experience of many including myself, funds show up in the account within 24 hours.  To match which referral garnered which bonus, use the payment history.  As mentioned, this bonus is for online activation.  If the other party did not do that, there's only the $1/30 day credit.  That credit is not a bonus and like all other credits will show up ahead of renewal every 30 or 90 days.  Because it shows up ahead of renewal, the rewards help to reduce the charges to the credit card or reduction in fund balance of there's a fund balance.  That's the order in which debits are made to renew the account; rewards followed by account funds and finally credit card.

dna2016

@bf7, give it time for the referral credit to kick in.  You're actually pretty lucky that your $25 credit was applied so quickly, I'm assuming you activated yourself and didn't activate in a retail location. 

My first referral did not get applied until after a few days.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you will see them if you disable autopay and if you let your plan go into suspended mode.   

cappaj

@MacMe wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

The rewards for autopay and referral ($3 total) wont ever actual fo inro your account balance. When it comes time to renew, they'll be deducted from your renewal payment, and then whatever account balance you have will be used to pay as much of your payment as possible, then the remainder will be charged to your credit card.

Actually, that is not correct.  The autopay, referral, and community rewards are added to your balance:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

So does your account balance briefly go up on the night of your renewal payment, just before the rewards are applied against your renewal payment? Is that something you can actually see happen?

If so, I guess technically yeah, the rewards are put into your account balance. But that feels like splitting hairs - effectively, they're never really funds that you carry in your balance, since they're taken out almost as soon as they're put in, right?

MacMe

@cappaj wrote:

The rewards for autopay and referral ($3 total) wont ever actual fo inro your account balance. When it comes time to renew, they'll be deducted from your renewal payment, and then whatever account balance you have will be used to pay as much of your payment as possible, then the remainder will be charged to your credit card.

Actually, that is not correct.  The autopay, referral, and community rewards are added to your balance:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

cappaj

The extra $2 in your account balance is actually to make up for you not having the autopay reward applied against your first payment, even though you signed up for autopay right away.

E.g., if your next renewal payment is $40 - first your $3 in rewards will be deducted to bring it down to $37. Then the $27 in your account balance will be deducted - bringing your balance owing to $10. Then your credit card will be charged for that $10. (And there's taxes mixed in there somehow too.)

zacharywolfe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The referal credits can sometimes take up to a few weeks weeks before they get applied to the account. I know this from experience.

Need Help? Let's chat.