cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after reactivation can I use my LTE?

Kiki2011
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just reactivated my account by making the payment, but I can't use my LTE yet. How long will it take until I can use it again?

12 REPLIES 12

@Community_QA wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

LTE? How do you get LTE at PM?

@computergeek541   there is always LTE here.  Just at reduced speed

I'm sure that you know that I'm aware of that. My earlier questions to the OP were to find out what type of informarion was looking for. LTE does not mean data, nor is LTE exclivesly used for that purpose.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@computergeek541   there is always LTE here.  Just at reduced speed

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Kiki2011   you can't use data or you just cannot use LTE?

@Nezgar @computergeek541 

Good to know

Thanks

@Nezgar wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Kiki2011 

4G/LTE is throttle down to 3G speed so for better connectivity switch to 3G on your Cellular Network.

Careful with this recommendation: Disabling LTE could very well result in worse connectivity as more and more spectrum from 3G is reassigned to LTE as time goes on. Generally you want to let your phone use both and switch between them as coverage allows. YMMV!

The HSPA network is getting really, really bad. In my area, the HSPA network performance for data was excellent.  However, a few months ago, I noticed contants disconections from data connnections, stalled data, and overall slow speeds. It's getting worse too, and I'd classify data on HSPA to now be unusable.

@Kiki2011 

One time, I purposely used up all remaining data in my account. I can say that while the data is supposed to work again immediately, that doesn't always happen. My data did not start working again until 30 minutes later (after midnight of the renewal date).

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Kiki2011 

4G/LTE is throttle down to 3G speed so for better connectivity switch to 3G on your Cellular Network.

Careful with this recommendation: Disabling LTE could very well result in worse connectivity as more and more spectrum from 3G is reassigned to LTE as time goes on. Generally you want to let your phone use both and switch between them as coverage allows. YMMV!

@Kiki2011 wrote:

I just reactivated my account by making the payment, but I can't use my LTE yet. How long will it take until I can use it again?

Can you clairfy what you're asking about?  LTE is only a type of connection.  Are you saying that there's no LTE network availiable or that mobile data isn't working?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kiki2011 So you started your plan anew? Just ensuring you just did not add funds but started a new plan cycle after it was suspended for nonpayment.

You may also try toggling into airplane mode, then back to regular mode on your phone. This may help trigger your network into gear.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kiki2011 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Kiki2011    It should be immediate if you've added the payment.  First log into your account and see if the payment went through, otherwise if you see the Reactivate option top right of overview page, click a couple of times to push payment. Then log out and reboot phone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kiki2011 Have you restarted your phone? Does calling and texting work fine? 

Need Help? Let's chat.