cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US/CAN time limitation?

thegreatswalmi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've noticed that for a lot of companies there is a limit on usage in the US when on a roaming plan. With the PM US/Can plan, is there any limit on how long i can be in the states? My daughter goes to school there and i'm wondering if i can get this plan for her so she can use her data and talk/text in the us and canada while she's in university and at home??? I know for some companies they say you have to have 50% of your data etc in the country of origin for three months consecutive or something like that...haven't seen anything in the terms and conditions for PM though?

10 REPLIES 10

i'm excited too!! 🙂

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SWEET!! They just updated within the hour because I was checking it at noon and there was none.

I see other plans also, I gotta go study them lol.

Cool thanks 

There is one on the homepage right now!!

Screenshot 2024-05-03 144432.png

@thegreatswalmi1  Ahh well that’s good to know thanks for sharing . I didn’t realize that 

thegreatswalmi1

she's been on mint, which is fine, but they don't (yet) allow roaming in canada without extortion-style add-ons! $20 for 10 days! They were just bought out by another company, so things are changing...jsut don't know when.

@thegreatswalmi1  Well it’s a true snow bird plan , so I think you will be fine . If not I’m sure being dual citizen , she can get a better rate plan in the U.S. anyhow with the likes of mint mobile , Verizon to mobile AT&T etc 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thegreatswalmi1  there is no limit it can be used in either country until data ends for the  30 cycle. However,  there is currently no Can-us plans offered.

Are you already on one from before?

thegreatswalmi1

Thanks! We're in a bit of a unique situation since she's a student and a dual citizen at that...but hopeful it'll work well 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@thegreatswalmi1 

The data is based on the plan she is on. She can use it in the USA or Canada with no time limit as long as her account is monthly paid.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@thegreatswalmi1  I don’t believe there is a time limit with public mobile . No where’s is there a foot note to say any different. So I wouldn’t be to worried about it as you can only spend so much time in the US before having to come back to Canada anyways 

Need Help? Let's chat.