cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to upgrade/downgrade my plan?

MaayanO
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I anticipate heavier data usage for several months, is it possible to upgrade my plan to a higher tier for those months, and then downgrade it again?

If so, when should it done, just before renewal time, or in advance?  What happens if it is done mid-cycle?  Can everything be done using self-serve?

Thank you!

18 REPLIES 18

@aaronbud wrote:

Is it legal for pm to forfeit the amount you've already paid when upgrading your account mid cycle? It seems like it shouldn't be since calculating a pro-rata refund/credit and starting a new billing cycle is quite easy. 

@aaronbud   Yes it is.  It is prepaid service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@aaronbud 

Prepaid services are non refundable and there is no prorating. However if you chose change plan immediately instead of change on next renewal in error contact customer support and ask them if they are willing to change you back to your previous plan and you can schedule a plan change on next renewal.

aaronbud
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it legal for pm to forfeit the amount you've already paid when upgrading your account mid cycle? It seems like it shouldn't be since calculating a pro-rata refund/credit and starting a new billing cycle is quite easy. 

There's a known bug where if you change plan at next renewal and you go up in plan cost then autopay fails. It seems to want to continue charging the old amount. So it's advised to make sure your balance is enough (or will be with any certain rewards) to cover the new plan cost.

MaayanO

@gpixel wrote:

@MaayanO 

you need to make a manual payment and load the total amount of the plan you wish to change too. if you miss this step your account will most likely lose service.

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 

amount due-01~3.jpeg

Even if I have auto-payment set up?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes be very mindful of this, if you one of those and you go below the conditions stipulated, you will lose it forever.

@MaayanO 

you need to make a manual payment and load the total amount of the plan you wish to change too. if you miss this step your account will most likely lose service.

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 

amount due-01~3.jpeg

@MaayanO   Yes, the process is the same and as easy.  This is prepaid, so, you are not really tie to any plan here

Only thing when you make plan change is that, if you have special activation promotion bonus (those under My Promotions in Overview page of My Account, then you might loss those.  But if you don't have any, then no worry)

Also, make sure you understand the difference between selecting  Change plan now and Change plan in the next billing date when you make the plan change

MaayanO

And downgrading as well?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Safyre 

Since the OP is new they will be under the points program. Similar the only difference is they would get 1pt=$1.

Safyre

If you use the referral code, you get a one time bonus of $10. The person who referred you will get $1 off each month as they renew their plan monthly. I believe if you keep referring then you will get $1 off each month as well. 

Safyre

If I'm not mistaken, upgrading the plan is quite straightforward. You can go to My Plans and cater to your requirements

@darlicious   Yes, of course, forgot about the recent bonus referral credit some new accounts might have.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MaayanO 

The extra bonus referral credit of $25 ($5×5 months) will continue to be credited to your account.

@MaayanO    RAF credit ($10) and purchased or gifted (PM's holiday gifts) add-ons are connected with your account and plans changes have no effect on them.

MaayanO

Just recently got the $15 plan, nothing grandfathered, no promotions except for a referral bonus.

Does the referral bonus continue?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Also If you are one some promo plans ie extra 2gb data for x months if you change plans you will probably lose the bonus.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MaayanO   Changing plans is easy and it's best to always schedule (unless need to upgrade immediately) a plan change and can be done often as you want.  However, for immediate plan changes, you'll forfeit any remaining value of your plan/features as PM doesn't prorate/refund and start a new cycle.

Select Change Plan (under Account Status/My Plan) top left of overview page and then select the plan you wish to change to and make selection of Change Now or Change at Next Renewal (recommended).  After change has gone through (scheduled date/immediate) then you can go back and schedule another plan change when needed.

Reminder if you are on a grandfathered plan, you will not be able to change back to your discontinued plan and will only be able to select from PM's list of currently available plans only after any plan change.

Need Help? Let's chat.