cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the new rewards way works? (BTW, didn’t like it:()

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did not really get how the new way rewards works: the old way when the new payment comes, it’s automatically reduced your payment for how much my rewards are. 
but today my payment only showed $5 less that I refered a friend from last December, but didn’t show any of my auto pay rewards and my refer friends rewards.

Any ideas? 

31 REPLIES 31

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Without actually being able to see how redemptions work if you wanted to redeem points as a bill payment you can redeem in 15 point increments=$15 off your bill. However if you think that on occasion you may want say a 1gb data add on or a 10 day US roaming add on then you are better off saving your points to redeem for add ons because all but the $5/500min Canada wide calling add on and the $5/200mb data add on have been discounted between 25% to 50% when redeeming points. For example:

• $15/1gb data add on = $15 regular price
  • $15/1gb data add on = 10 points = $10 (points redemption catalogue "price")

To pull the best value out of the points program redeem for the add ons with the biggest discounts if possible as that puts more money back in your pocket.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Lehaha   You already converted to the new system?  Yes, the 25 points is a one time conversion bonus.   The loyalty reward is gone and replace with just Anniversary point, to me, this is the biggest lost..

Lehaha

You were right, I got clarify from agent too:

After a year with only your plan of $15, you will have 9 points. After the 12 months you will receive the 10 points as anniversary. So in total it will be 19 points. This amount will be repeated again after another 12 months. 

As I mentioned, the account will start with 25 points. Therefore, if the points are not spent in this time, after the first year you can have 44 points.

The post is not quite correct. The loyalty rewards from the previous system are conversed in the anniversary points”.

Lehaha

Got it, thanks 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

On your 1 year anniversary you will recieve 10 points, on your second anniversary you get another 10 points and so on....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Lehaha

I am confused, so as a old costumer, we still have our loyalty points every month as long as I still with PM, but the anniversary points 10points for 12 months just for first year I switched to new system or every year we get 10 points anniversaries as we still with PM?

@Lehaha wrote:

Thanks for agreeing with this, I think they should remind costumes calculate their rewards first as you might lose your rewards  instead just say “earn even more”, stop playing games because we trust you,PM

HI @Lehaha   actually, they are not bad, they have include the Rewards calculator for us to do the math before jumping in:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

but of course, the xlsx is a bit bias, they only include the first 3 years  so people won't really know the long term effect

Lehaha

Thanks for agreeing with this, I think they should remind costumes calculate their rewards first as you might lose your rewards  instead just say “earn even more”, stop playing games because we trust you,PM

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

I completely agree that statement is essentially untrue and very misleading. There really isn't a scenario that you can "let's you earn on even more" as that only applies to the $50+ plans giving you an opportunity to earn in points the equivalent of $0.50, $1 or $1.50 more than the $2 autopay reward.

Anniversary points enable you to earn $15 worth of points in the first year vs $0 in loyalty rewards after the second year you earn $2 less in points value than in loyalty rewards. The only advantage for current rewards customers to joining the points program is if you plan on leaving pm and want to cash out your loyalty to pm by redeeming your points on discounted add ons in the points catalogue.

So while there is some truth to the statement "Public Points let you earn even more..." it's very narrow and if you stay with pm beyond one year then the very opposite is true because you will in fact earn much less. The second statement is also a misnomer since you can only redeem points in catalogue products in set amounts whereas cash rewards lowering your plan cost means the extra cash in your pocket can be manually topped up into your available funds to purchase any add on you want in your account. The only thing you can't purchase with "cash" are entries into the lucky draw to win prizes.

Public mobile should be upfront and honest about the new Public Points program rather than offer misleading statements and a rewards calculator that doesn't calculate past 2 years when the results would unequivocally show the user the true loss of rewards value once you switch to the points program. Most people would agree these kind of marketing tactics do border on "trickery" and pm should be ashamed of themselves for allowing telus to sully pm's reputation of no surprise billing.

I am sure it is a surprise when a former rewards customer sees their first autopay plan amount charge on their credit card statement after joining the points program.

Lehaha

I just telling my truly feeling when I realized it 

when I logged in to my rewards account, it showeds:

684DD4D7-D906-4568-9C34-9063EA9B6963.jpeg

 “earn on even more”, did not tell you might get less rewards than the old system, for my understanding at last equal  the old system unless you calculate everything than you will realize you are loosing your rewards for some people. 

and I believe PM’s goal is encouraging and giving costumer more benefits 

I still love PM but I hope they can let costumer have at least one more chance to thinking about if go back to the old system or not 

that’s my opinion 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I wouldn't say there is any tricking people into the new points system at all.  There are many steps you need to take to register for it there is a lot of information in the community about the differences between the two systems.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

Good grief Charlie Brown how did you manage to switch programs and not realize you were doing It? Or at least check out the community for info before checking the boxes and confirming you wanted to switch?

HI @Lehaha   Just like any plans and rewards, it will end at some point.   PM obviously making this new system to cut down the cost.  But at the same time , PM has done a great job to give us a chance to choose, rather than force us to leave. You probably change it by accident.  But like all grandfather plans/rewards, once you left, you won't be getting it back

They also say it clearly:  

Opt-ins (to the new system) are final and cannot be reversed

hTideGnow_0-1645039279995.png

Lehaha

So sounds like I am not the only one was tricked,  I don’t feel good with this

HI @Lehaha ,

PM actually let us choose to stay or move to the new system.   But once you moved to the old one, this  is not switch back

yes, you can open a ticket to confirm.  But another user opened ticket before and ask and also confirmed that once you left the old one , you will have to stay with the new one.

Lehaha

Thanks, I will talk to agent as I don’t think it’s right that they even don’t let people choose the best way for them 

@Lehaha wrote:

So my autopay rewards was $2 before but now olny $15x5%=$0.75, correct? 

HI @Lehaha  Yes it is.

It is true that you will get less without $2 Autopay , but you earn 5% for add-on purchase 

Lehaha

So my autopay rewards was $2 before but now olny $15x5%=$0.75, correct? 

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Lehaha wrote:

Yes everything shows points now, I am just $15 plan so is there any way to go back the old way?

HI @Lehaha   No, there is no going back.  Once you are migrated onto the new Point system , you will be there. 

If you really do not like Points you can opt out but then you will get nothing; you will pay plan's full price.

@Lehaha wrote:

Yes everything shows points now, I am just $15 plan so is there any way to go back the old way?

HI @Lehaha   No, there is no going back.  Once you are migrated onto the new Point system , you will be there. 

Lehaha

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lehaha 

if you did by join Public Points
Click “Join now” and accept the terms and conditions
then you are on Rewards Points.. if you didn't join then you are on old rewards.

@Lehaha wrote:

How do I know if I already switched to the points way or not? I just remembered I registered it 

@Lehaha   Login to My Reward site.  If you see everything shows has dollar value ($), you are still on the old system

However,if you see everything showing as Point values and  if you see a side tab "Catalogue" and you see items like my screenshot above, you are on the new system

Lehaha

How do I know if I already switched to the points way or not? I just remembered I registered it 

@Lehaha wrote:

So, if I didn’t “buy” the $15 rewards this month, it’s not expired, right?

@Lehaha   No, it won't expire, it will just keep growing.  

Login to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/myrewards and you should see your current points and the point cummulation history

Lehaha

So, if I didn’t “buy” the $15 rewards this month, it’s not expired, right?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lehaha   

Are you on the new Rewards  ?   There is NO MORE Autopay $2 discount but just 5% from your bill, and show up in points  Logon to My Rewards (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards) , you should see those points there.

You regular friends referrals will show up as 1 point per referral per month.  

But as @softech  said, the Christmas special referral would still be a $5 on your My Account.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Instead of actual $ amount you receive points which you convert to $. Plus you can participate in lottery.

Brief introduction is here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/rewards

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lehaha 

The $5 credit for 6 months was the More is Merrier promo.

Just login to Self Serve account and click on My Rewards>Access Rewards and will have a breakdown of your rewards.

Everything will be credited on your next bill payment.

BTW, DON’T switch over to the Points system if your plan is $40 or less…you will get a better discounts on your plan if you stick to the Rewards system.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lehaha   with the new one you, you have to cumulate to 15 points and you have to go into My Rewards system and "buy" the $15 bill credit using your 15 points.  Even it reaches 15, if you don't "buy" it will stay there and continue the cumulation

MyRew-Redeem-Half.jpg

The $5/month for 6 months from the Christmas Special friend referral is different. That one is an actual $5/month deposit to your account

Need Help? Let's chat.