cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable the Voicemail feature?

DMountain
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just recently joined the $34 20GB/month plan.

How I can disable the voicemail feature completely as I don't use voicemail at all?

7 REPLIES 7

Crap. So close. I didn't realize this. Thanks for letting us know. I will know for next time. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You cannot disable PM voice mail.

If you have VoLTE enabled you can apply call forwarding trick where call will go to some funny number and Nobody will be able to leave vmail in your mailbox. Nobody...

For the rest of us with no VoLTE call forwarding stopped working so mailbox gets filled with foreign language blabber and similar stuff.

@Chalupa_Batman thanks for referring my previous post

However, Conditional forwarding has been broken since the introduction of VoLTE.  The trick mentioned above uses variable forwarding (a kind of conditional forwarding) will no longer work

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I will also add this. I give full credit to @softech 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1700357261902.png

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I’d add to @Chalupa_Batman ‘s guidance that if you have an iPhone on iOS 17, your phone will provide a voicemail feature. If you want to disable that, go into Settings/Phone and turn Live Voicemail off. 

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @DMountain 

Unfortunately, there is no option to completely disable the voicemail feature from your account.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Call your PM telephone number from any  touch tone phone. Let it ring through to the voicemail prompt. While the answer prompt is running, hit "*" (asterisk). It'll pause a bit, then ask for your password. Enter the password that you have established for voicemail.

Once you're in the voicemail system...

Choose Greetings (3), then navigate to the "Extended Absence Greeting" (EAG) sub-option, then record anything you like (eg. "You have reached a data plan only subscriber. Sorry", then choose option "5" -- which will NOT allow callers to leave a message after hearing the EAG.

This effectively disables VM messages AND helps guide those that may call you.

Let us know if this works for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.