Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add my phone min when your system shut down hmmm

Sheldon86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to add my phone min

11 REPLIES 11

@LurganIeUk 

I ran into this problem with the bf's account when he didn't buy a voucher so I had to and when  went to add it both systems were down. Messaging the moderators didn't illicit a reply until it was too late....luckily it came back online about an hour before 6am eastern to allow payment before suspension. However you must suspend your service via lost/stolen to get it to take the payment and suspend again to get rid of the expired account message.

Guess who has to get their rewards applied manually next month?   .....sigh...😐

@darlicious Ah...ok..but my insurance would have covered the OP. 

@LurganIeUk 

This was unscheduled system maintenance which has been happening a lot lately. It also took the 611 system down at the same time. I spoke with a moderator about it who opened a ticket regarding both systems down at the same time. I was told that 611 is supposed to work when the self serve account site is down so that there is always some kind account access available to the customer even if it has limited options available.

Duh....the system was down!!!!

Since PM is prepaid only and not all users look at the announcements and some have limited online options or payment methods set up.....would it not make sense to send a text of planned system outages to all users? That would allow those customers to make arrangements ahead of time. Boy that will tick my wife off!!

@Sheldon86 

edit:

So if you are on the $15 plan as insurance I would by 2 x $5 500 min. Canada Wide Add-ons. 1 used up, buy another. = no impact to you if system is down. 

@Sheldon86 

Going by the time you posted it sounds like the site was down for maintenance which lately has also included 611 as well. There really isn't a whole lot you can do about it until it comes back online. 

Now that it is up and running you can top up your account balance thru 611 by adding a voucher or using your credit card on file if you know your 4 digit account pin #. Otherwise log in add top up your balance with at least $5 then go to the plans and add ons page and choose the $5/500 min add on. Scroll down and confirm your purchase and submit.

The add on will appear at the bottom left corner of your overview page. Log out and reboot.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying “when your system shut down hmmm” do you mean you are on $15 plan and you have used up your minutes for the current cycle?

If, yes, wait for your  next cycle to start. 

OR

Top up your account by $5, then buy the $5 500 minute Canada wide add on minutes. They don’t expire and roll over month to month until all used up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sheldon86 : The only way to add "phone min" is to add the money first as above and then buy calling add-ons. And even with that you can't add Canada minutes using 611.

Otherwise, this place is a 30 day plan of features...not minutes...not pay as you go.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Sheldon86  My Account is up now.  If you still unable to access, try another browser or clear cache

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sheldon86  - you can add on through 611, purchase a voucher at a local convenience store that sells them, or gas station or London Drugs and add the minutes to your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.