cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check if my number has been transferred over?

mbcaira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just switched from Rogers to Public and don't really know how I can verify the transfer went through/has completed. I can see my Rogers account is cancelled but that is about it.

5 REPLIES 5

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you have service on your new account then it went through. I would turn off your phone and turn it back on, see if you have service (bars at the top of the screen) and try sending a text/making a call. If those work, you're all set!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mbcaira 

did you get your inbound calls on your PM sim card?  If not, reboot the phone once more time and try.  If still fails, you might want to open ticket with PM support agent.  Please message support agent here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mbcaira  Try your PM SIM card in the phone . Reboot the device And test it calla trend see if your number shows up . Have them try and call you back . Be good indication it’s working properly 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

One way is to insert your Rogers SIM card and reboot your phone. If it says SOS in the top corner instead of the name Rogers, the port is complete. Just shut down your phone and insert the PM SIM card and start it up. You should have Public Mobile instead of Rogers.

Need Help? Let's chat.