cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel my plan (that is never activated)

Niousha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have activated my SIM card 2 days ago, still no signal and no reply from moderators. Is it possible to cancel the account and get my money back?

27 REPLIES 27

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I researched lucky but their $10 plan is inferior to PM, they don't allow data addon. PM addons are better for my type of usage and they don't expire (except for the US addons). 

I kept the account, the wait was ok, my problem was resolved. Also, the number that I was given was a very nice number that my husband wants to keep. 

djeclipse

@saeliux wrote:

@djeclipse 

There is no need to call PM members ignorant or stupid. Respect goes a long way. 

I was also surprised to see there wasn't customer support you could call in when I first had problems with an activation months ago. It took 2 days for a moderator to resolve. 

This is PM business model to keep fees cheaper than other providers which you need to take into account before coming to PM:

No stores

No phones

Self serve

No customer support on the phone, just a community

No refunds

For some people, this is ok. It is a calculated risk. Personally I can save $75 a year compared to my previous plan if I forgo the above. I have opened 4 accounts with PM. But the first one I had a problem, it was a big surprised that I couldn't call. 

It is not for everyone but I am glad I have a choice that PM exists. For example, if I was blind or I didn't trust credit cards like some senior citizens I know, I wouldn't use PM. Other providers would suit my needs better. 

Literally the same service/ pricing is offered including a call in 24/ 7 customer support with Lucky.   I guess al the seniors head over there.  lol

Did you get your money back form the first account that did not work?

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@djeclipse 

There is no need to call PM members ignorant or stupid. Respect goes a long way. 

I was also surprised to see there wasn't customer support you could call in when I first had problems with an activation months ago. It took 2 days for a moderator to resolve. 

This is PM business model to keep fees cheaper than other providers which you need to take into account before coming to PM:

No stores

No phones

Self serve

No customer support on the phone, just a community

No refunds

For some people, this is ok. It is a calculated risk. Personally I can save $75 a year compared to my previous plan if I forgo the above. I have opened 4 accounts with PM. But the first one I had a problem, it was a big surprised that I couldn't call. 

It is not for everyone but I am glad I have a choice that PM exists. For example, if I was blind or I didn't trust credit cards like some senior citizens I know, I wouldn't use PM. Other providers would suit my needs better. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse wrote:

Not rich, just not stupid enough to use a cell phone service that has literally zero customer support and has a message board filled with ignorant members such as yourself. 

Every one of the big cell phoen procviders has a budget model like this but the rest of them have actual phone support.

This is a joke. 

As several others have said...move along...this place isn't for amazingly clever people like you.

djeclipse

Not rich, just not stupid enough to use a cell phone service that has literally zero customer support and has a message board filled with ignorant members such as yourself. 

Every one of the big cell phoen procviders has a budget model like this but the rest of them have actual phone support.

This is a joke. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

Apparently you're rich and don't mind spending a small fortune for service elsewhere. Have at it. Yes there are options for the OP.

djeclipse

That's great but it does not change the fact that this person has had their money STOLEN from Public Mobile and even worse he has no way of contacting anyone at all.

Not to mention things liek this will happen and when they do customers need a way to contact someone fast, not wait days/ weeks/ month's for another customer to maybe offer a suggestion that may or may not work. 

he set out to get a service and for what ever reason he has not received that service.  Now he is screwed, wasting time here trying to get answers and/ or a refund.

OP, call the Ombusman of the provicne you live in as well as the better business beauro.  make a report and they will helo you with resources/ ways to get your money back.

Or beter yet just call your credit card compny and have the charges reversed.

I am astonished all you people tlerate such a terrible company jsut to save a few bucks on cell phone.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@djeclipse 

We need to always remember that we see the problems here. There are many thousands (hundreds of thousands) who are using the service without issue.

djeclipse

Wow,

I am astonished at the horific customer support public mobile has.

I understand they are a budget phone carrier but literally 0 way of contacting a real person to get a simple problem taken care of in a few minutes?

Why would anyone use Public Mbile in the first palce?  Are we so over charged by the big 3 carriers that we will accept literally NO  custoemr support/ help at all to save a few bucks on cell phone service?

The OP paid for a service and did not receive it, is told he can not get a refund?  This is outright THEFT!

What a joke. 

Niousha

@CS_Agent Please help.

@Niousha wrote:

@geopublic : Yes it does.Also Lost/Stolen option didn't help. And when I call the number assigned to me, still says number not in service.

@Niousha  Ok, sometimes during account activation there are issues and an account doesn't get provisioned properly. In that case the Moderator Team needs to reset the account from their end to resolve the problem. It appears that your account is one of those unlucky ones Smiley Sad The moderators should be able to fix it. You just need to be patient.

In the meantime, power down the phone remove the sim and wait for about 15 minutes and try it again.

Niousha

@geopublic : Yes it does.Also Lost/Stolen option didn't help. And when I call the number assigned to me, still says number not in service.

Niousha

Yes, it does.

Niousha

selferve works, money is withdrwan from my account, I can de-activate and re-activate using stolen feature. When I dial the number says not in service.

Niousha

I have done all of those, still says no signal. And when I call the number it says not in service.

@Niousha wrote:

I have created the account, activated the card, but am not getting any signal, and have not got any help/feedback from moderators.(Money has been withdrawn from my account)

@Niousha While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

If that doesn't work then login to your itunes via WifI just in case in needs to update the carrier settings.

Also it is recommended to reset your network settings.

Edit: When in selfserve if you select the Plan & add-ons tab is it showing the correct phone number?

Niousha

Phone is unlocked, works fine with my friend's sim card

I asked for a new number when activated. 

Funny think is I called the number assigned to me and someone answered. So I went to setting and changed the number. I am able to de-activate and re-activate using stolen option in website.

Niousha

The phone is an iphone XS

@Niousha wrote:

I have created the account, activated the card, but am not getting any signal, and have not got any help/feedback from moderators.(Money has been withdrawn from my account)

The moderators are extremely busy, as you've experienced, but help is at your keyboard. Answer a few basic questions from previous postings and we can quite likely fix your concern...or at least give you some helpful hints on how to proceed.

Your symptoms sounds like something we've helped others find resolution for.

@Niousha wrote:

What type of phone are you using??  We need to know what bands it supports to see if it has the same bands as what PM works on.  

You could try the lost stolen phone *trick* Log in and report phone lost wait 5 minutes or so and log back in and report it found.  This de-activates and reactivates your sim and may give it the kick it needs.  But if you could let us know what type of phone you have that would help us.  Or has this phone worked on the Telus or Bell networks before coming to PM?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Niousha

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Niousha wrote:

Hi,

I have activated my SIM card 2 days ago, still no signal and no reply from moderators. Is it possible to cancel the account and get my money back?

@Niousha  If you get no signal how do you know that the card was activated? Were you able to create a selfserve account? If not, it's possible that the card has not been activated. Yes, no?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Niousha wrote:

Hi,

Make sure your phone is unlocked and phone is compartible with PM:

https://willmyphonework.net/

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

Power off your phone and take SIM out for 15 minutes or more and put SIM in and power on your phone. If still does'nt work reset network setting:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Niousha wrote:

Hi,

Take your credit card info off from your account. Then just let the plan expire....after plan expires, it'll close the account and number after 90 days have elapsed.

You can ask for a refund, but PM philosophy is no refunds...but ask anyway.

Or...help us help you. Answer the few questions from previous Forum members.

Did you check to make sure your phone is compatible here at PM ? What kinda phone is it ?

Is the phone unlocked ? When you log into My Account, is it Active ?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Niousha wrote:

Hi,

Did you port in a number when you activated the sim?  What type of phone are  you using and is it unlocked?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM accounts are prepaid so no guarantee of getting a refund.  What brand and model of phone do you have ?

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is prepaid service, no refund. Normally you should get reply within 48 hours, you did not port successfully maybe. If you want to cancel, make sure you remove the credit card, 

Need Help? Let's chat.