cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about this new community.

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Every now and then I pop into this antiquated community system and am seeing a ton of people complain about PM offers and rates. I see how badly the site is designed with no app. No support number, no live chat, and apparently it was deigned like this to save consumers from having to pay for all of it. Why am I starting to see more and more offers and better offers from mainstream providers that are really competitive with PM? PM should be slaughtering those companies in terms of PM unbeatable plans like The original $15/mo. For 250MB of 3g and unlimited canada was great. Public Mobile, please stop grinding people with 'sweet deals' and update your plans section with real affordable rates. There should never be better offers if your base plans are ethically set.

8 REPLIES 8

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

?

Hi @BEER   

Interesting deal.  is that Bell Prepaid or Lucky?

i think I saw some interesting Lucky deal earlier this week too 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

/

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Rusty 

Please do provide us with some tempting and better offers to leave Public Mobile.

Carrier

Plan particulars

Price

Longevity of competitive pricing. 

The game is even stronger now, on top of the $40/15Gb , they now have $45/20Gb.  Not sure if it is a very limited time offer or not.  PM is certainly heading the right direction and ready to be a Tier 2.5 provider.. LoL

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @softech and @DDM69 . The only thing I would say is hope PM have VoLTE asap , because a lot of PM costumers complain PM talk add on US that won't work, because US shut down 3G service.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with many of your points. However, I enjoy not having a number to call anymore. I spent countless hours waiting and being transferred when I was a Rogers customer.
The prices and deals are decent with Public and with referrals, I’m paying almost nothing. ☺️

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rusty   PM is a prepaid service, which has a different position in the market and different from the Postpaid service

PM, and other tier 3, used to be position themselves to compete on the lower priced plan , $10, $15, 25.  Lately, PM is the first one in the Tier 3 group testing out the 4G speed and trying to push their core income to the higher price plan.  They have been changing the plans multiple time just to get the position right, which is a good move.  They need time to adjust and they do have a tough job to try not to overlap Koodo's marketshare. 

Honest, I am happy to see their $40/15GB plan, it is a great plan and a competitive one.  Yes, you see similar plan at $35, but most of those $35 plan has a 12 months limit and price jump back to $45 after.  So, a "permanent" $40/15GB is still a strong one.  

PM plan will NEVER be lower than those tier 2 plans simply because they are post-aid, there is no credit check needed.  These postpaid service has its specific market share, for those who don't have a credit background for postpaid plan.  Also, PM does not sell fancy phones, they don't sell other services (home phone, home internet ,etc)so they have no subsidies from there to lower their price.

Need Help? Let's chat.