cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Port to a longtime PM account.

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is it possible to  Port to a longtime PM account?

9 REPLIES 9

hi @El_Gato

The  Community support is to provide proper help based on the situation 

Ask you see in my posts, I have been doing this.  Unfortunately , none of the member here cam deal with issue like account problem so we have to properly direct them for prompt service , those were not "enormous time flooding" but the proper and necessary replies (on this note, I think you got me mixed up with another regular :). )

So, you are back from Freedom? I thought you went to Bell.  But it is great seeing you back within days.  Remember to use a friend code , which you properly have many from family members, to a activate new account to save $10. Enjoy your new PM service 

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please explain as to why you are bringing other accounts into this??? 
Have received private messages suggesting thatch should report you for harassment-  Have noticed that you do spent an enormous time flooding this forum with mostly directing members to contact CS and also providing links. 
I don’t understand as to why you keep on spamming the forum . And ohh yes getting back to the subject. I did port out to Freedom mobile but not that happy with the reception so considering porting back to my other pm active account. Do you have a problem with that???

yes @BKNS27 , we need that clear up first

if that is a fake question, it is just wasting our time .  We might as well get a @coffee or @BEER 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

@El_Gato were you being forced to leave PM because of the multiple accounts gaming post from couple days ago? If it was , then PM should have reached out to you and you can reply and ask them to help to port out the number.  They cannot just cancel your accounts even you broke any rules here

how are the other accounts? same fate?

@hTideGnow 

Good catch!

🎣

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @El_Gato 

Of course. It's actually super easy. First, you should check this link to see if the number can actually be ported over to Public Mobile. Here, you can check if the phone number you wish to port is eligible to be ported.

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If the number is indeed portable to Public Mobile, here are the next steps to port over. Please note however, the account on the other provider should be an active one. Although, if it's with Koodo or Telus, there is from what I understand a 30 day window on non active accounts.

To port over, sign in to your account. Then go to PROFILE on your left hand side. Then, on your right hand side the 3rd box from the top labeled My Phone number. The bottom option is Transfer Phone Number and two arrows. Click on the arrows. There you'll see this.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1728751139935.png

Then simply follow the next steps until you're done. If your number is active at another provider, you will be required to have their SIM card in a phone to accept the porting request.

Good luck.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @El_Gato 

I think you forgot what you did couple days ago.  You said you ported out your account and ask @computergeek541 to delete all your listing (which I think he did as I cannot find the post anymore). 

So, why you ask this question after you ported out your account? and why you keep posting after you asked Oracles to delete all your posts?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@El_Gato   I tested PM on a phone I was replacing while my new phone was with my original carrier.  Once I had confirmed that PM worked I ported my original number after several months, I think more than 6.

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can choose to transfer your number either during or after activation.

Regardless of when you choose to transfer the phone number, here are some things to remember:

• Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number
  • You cannot transfer a number between Public Mobile accounts
  • Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider
Need Help? Let's chat.