cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does Public Mobile Contact Customers?

RobinPlewes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is the scoop. I am not a PM customer and can not put in a support ticket. I tried, it wants my PM phone number, which I do not have.

I live in an area with no cell phone coverage. My phone is turned off 95% of the time so the battery does not kill it's self looking for a signal. Otherwise, the phone is deal when I need it. Turns out my former provider just send me text message that they only keep for 2 days. With my phone turned off for a week or more, I hardly ever see the messages from the provider.

Does anyone know how Public Mobile contacts customers? Do they send an email if there is no answer to a call or text? How often do they text customers? I can find nothing on this and the chat person did not understand the question. Thanks, Robin

17 REPLIES 17

RobinPlewes

Interesting idea Luddite. Thanks for the reply, Robin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your subject line and post were all about communication coming _from_ here...not you to them. 🙂

Glad you got something sorted out.

RobinPlewes

Thanks Yummy. I have now figured out how to send a message to the CSA.

RobinPlewes

Thanks, I have found a way to send a message to the CSA now. I realize I'm not a customer with a cookie-cutter scenario.

RobinPlewes

Thanks Shawn, but the message bubble is a robot and I end up going in circles there.

RobinPlewes

Thanks, but I know there is no coverage in my area. It's just the way it is here. I need to drive down the road a piece and get to the top of a hill or closer to town.

RobinPlewes

Thanks for the info in your reply, Robin

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@RobinPlewes  Check out Fongo.com for a VoIP service, free calling/incoming text, you can access on wifi. If you also get their data only cell service you'll have service wherever you go. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does send promotional emails. At least I get them...

PM does not communicate with customers over emails in case of account issues.

PM will send customer SMS 3 days before renewal day regarding payment

PM will send customer SMS after successful renewal informing how much rewards they accumulated and that bill has been paid.

You do not have to create a ticket in order to communicate with PM staff. Send them private message as per link provided in one of above messages.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@RobinPlewes wrote:

Does anyone know how Public Mobile contacts customers?

Usually they do not, or if they do it is to tell you to contact them - via Tickets.

Do they send an email if there is no answer to a call or text?

I do not believe they would send emails, only for promotions or activation welcome emails.

How often do they text customers?

When payments are coming due, made, rewards are applied to payments, promotional offers, things like that.

I can find nothing on this and the chat person did not understand the question.

You don't need to be a customer to submit a ticket to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA).

@softech already provided the link that can work for you.

Also, same as Method #2 in attached link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

@softech the OP mentions they DO NOT have a PM number.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobinPlewes 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here, check it out is enough Towers in your area...

Check the service outages for your area Status.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RobinPlewes wrote:

I am not a PM customer and can not put in a support ticket. I tried, it wants my PM phone number, which I do

@RobinPlewes   How would you be Not a PM customer but you got a PM phone number ?

@RobinPlewes wrote:

Here is the scoop. I am not a PM customer and can not put in a support ticket.

anyway, you do not need to be a PM customer to submit a ticket.   You already have a Community account and that is all you need to open ticket.   Just  direct message via this link and remember to check the Community inbox for their reply:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to think that the storing of SMS's on provider servers expires after a few days. I seem to think this is standard.

Public Mobile does send texts for promos and account status. They also, on occasion, send emails more for marketing.

It's quite rare in my experience for any kind of company to send or communicate somehow else when they don't get a reply from one avenue.

This being a prepaid service, and you don't connect your phone to the network very often, then it would be more up to you to keep track of each term renewal. There is a "heads up" text from here when the term is soon to expire. Then more texts after successful renewal if on autopay or sufficient balance. But when the time comes that you re-connect to the network then you'll see that your service is active. If not, then it didn't renew for some reason. The catch here is that you have a 90 day window of opportunity to renew a term if your service did not renew.

Not sure what else you need to know from the provider though. Sometimes promos and gifts are notified through text. Sometimes in email. But those are not required to keep the service going.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobinPlewes 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number, or
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Edited by ShawnC13:  None of this information addresses the Members question

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobinPlewes 

PM customer service is only by private message on this forum.

PM rarely sends out emails, and text messages are infrequent as well. If you're concerned about your service lapsing, you can just sign up for autopay and then you won't have to worry about losing your service from non-payment.

You can also check your account status anytime at selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.