cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone (landline) port to Public Mobile

nayaabchatta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my home phone number from Bell over to Public Mobile on the evening of January 8th. Public mobile shows a successful port at time of sim activation. I am able to make out going calls with the phone number but cannot receive incoming calls. 

How long does it take to port a home phone number over to Public. When I ported my cell phone number it was instant for incoming and outgoing calls. 

Does it take longer for home phone?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

From the CRTC website:

How long does it take to transfer my phone number?

For mobile phones, it can take a few hours. For landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred, including disruptions to 9-1-1 services.

Contact your service provider for more details.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nayaabchatta - you are within the range of normal porting time for a landline to mobile line. I've ported a Bell landline myself to Public Mobile and went smoothly after so many days gone by.

Landline can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous Bell landline account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues by end of the week, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

edit

nayaabchatta

thank you for this information! please share the phone number and I will follow up with them first thing in the morning.

nayaabchatta

I will let you know once completed

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@nayaabchatta wrote:

I ported my home phone number from Bell over to Public Mobile

When everything completes successfully, if do not mind to come back here and let me know can you receive 2FA on your 'home number' ported to mobile provider.

Assuming you had REAL Bell land line and not voip.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nayaabchatta 

Most landline ports complete within 2 business days. If your port does not complete by the end of business today I would call the telus porting department first thing in the morning. Landline ports from smaller providers such as Iristel and/or voip provider ports can take up to 7+days to complete. Bell being one of Canada's MNO's should complete within the 2 business day window expected by the CRTC mandate.

If you would like the telus porting department phone number please request it and I will send to you via your private messaging.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@nayaabchatta 

Porting in of a landline can take up to a week to complete.

Please be patient.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nayaabchatta @It can take up to a week for home phone number to port to cell number 

Need Help? Let's chat.