cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey

Ale2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've signed up today on public mobile I payed $46 I went in to switch my number over to public but the company I'm with wasn't on the list I did put my imei number in and my number I wanted transfered but the transfer did not work and I got prompted with customer service so now I don't even have the option to choose a new number and I can't use my old number and I'm out 46 dollars without service 

30 REPLIES 30

@Ale2024 

Contact the customer support group.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Ale2024

Hello I can't use the app cause when I logs into the app I gets Subscription not activated something didn't go right while activating your subscription click below to contact a customer support and I don't own a PC thanks

@Ale2024 

in order to activate your new PM account, you must use the app for that. Once you successfully activate the account, you can delete the app and use the laptop to view your account, if you like.

Ale2024

Sorry for posting again  but can someone please tell me what I can do to access my account when I log in on  web browser all I get is

"Let's complete your Activation then under that it says "Resume activation" and "Go to login page" when I clicks on resume activation it bring me back to the login page and when I puts in my email and password it says Email and password do not match. When I goes to the app and logs in all I gets is " Subscription not activated something didn't go right while activating your subscription click below to contact a customer support like what am I suppose to do I can't access my account I have no service 

Ale2024

I did not try the public Sim card in my phone I will try it but I have no number will it auto give me a number

Ale2024

No I was never with this company for months I bought a Sims from this company Month's ago never activated it until today I only paid with this company today never used thus company before in my life until today

Just so we now all understand. You joined "Months" ago. Was never able to get it working and now... "Months" later you want a refund? I hate to say it but you should have said something right away. Waiting months will not get you a refund in any way. You need to accept responsibility on this one by not coming here sooner and just take the loss. JMO.

HI @Ale2024 

your original message today said you had problem with porting.  I sent you the porting team support number, did you call?

and put your PM sim card in the phone first,can you make outbound calls?

Ale2024

I bought the Sims months ago just never used it decided today cause of the plan but had nothing but trouble since don't cate for a refund just wants a service I paid for a month I wants a month

@Ale2024 wrote:

I don't want to be with public way to difficult I paid 46$ for thir service but haven used I want refund who can I contact their a horrible company I just wants back what I paid and didn't use

@Ale2024 , it sounds like the issue began when you tried to port your phone number over using your phones IMEI but for the port to successfully work you need to provide your account # that you have with your previous provider to port that phone number! You were given the phone number to call to get that fixed for you plus you were given the link to send a private message to CS_Agents to help you! Did none of them want to help you? It should have been an easy fix!

Thanks @LitlLdy Not sure why they needed to start a second thread.  Also... HELLOOOOO!!!  I tried to say hi to continue our PM's but can no longer say hi. Was hoping to hear what laptop you picked. LOL

KennethJAdams_0-1695688836217.png

Thanks @LitlLdy for pointing that out.

@Ale2024- What provider were you trying to port from? What was the result of that number check from Koodo given earlier?

@Ale2024 

There's NO REFUNDS with a pre-paid supplier of mobile services.

The only way you'd be eligible is if they failed to provide services you had paid for after trying to work out the matter with their customer support staff.  Saying that, if you tried to attain services with either a number which couldn't be used on this service (and you were unwilling to change the number) -OR- with a device which is not compatible on this service, that's on you to determine beforehand.

IF neither is the case, and you paid the funds with a credit card, simply place a chargeback with the credit card supplier under the provision that you did not receive what you understood you were paying for.

@Ale2024 , please see your 1st post ‘I want refund’ that you posted 3 hours ago where people responded to help you!

What do you mean "haven't used"? If you bought a sim and signed up and paid and just decided to not use it then that's on you.

When did you sign up? There's a 15 day trial today but it looks like you had to choose that $0 plan.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM is a prepaid service so they are not required to give you a refund. But send CS_agents a private message using the link below, you might get a helpful rep.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Alternatively, you can request a charge back with your credit card company.

Ale2024

I don't want to be with public way to difficult I paid 46$ for thir service but haven used I want refund who can I contact their a horrible company I just wants back what I paid and didn't use

self solution removed

hi @Ale2024 

you don't need a new number.  Please call the Porting team I sent you earlier

@Ale2024  So you did initially try and port your old number correct ? But here’s direct link to support to help you gain access to your account 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ale2024

How do I do that 

Ale2024

I can't do nothing when I login on the app it's says contact customer service when I login on browser it's says resume activation when I clicks that and uses my login it's says it's wrong

@Chalupa_Batman  I think OP tried to port number and put in their IMEI and this caused the issue in first place .why I suggest porting team . But maybe I’m wrong 

However if you do want to keep your old number, you can follow my instructions first as it's super easy to do. Just saying that the porting team number should be used as a last resort if problems occur.  🙂

@Ale2024  Okay well if your fine with new number and don’t care about the old one then welcome to public mobile . But if you want old number call the number I sent you private message to re trigger the port request . 

Ale2024

Just get a new number is fine

Ale2024

Can I just choose a new number save trouble when I use the app this is all I get

1000000761.jpg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ale2024  Should just use old provider account number not IMEI ignore it , wil send you the porting team number private message and they can re trigger the port for you and just give them old provider account number . Leaving old provider SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port .

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ale2024 

there is a porting team you can call to update the info. YOu need to provide them the account number and the carrier name

i will send you the number to your Community inbox.  Check and call 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Ale2024 

Just chose a temporary number and then this is how you port over your old number.

How to port number from “Blank” to Public Mobile

First, make sure your number can be ported by checking on this link

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Or log in to your Public Mobile account 

Then on your right side you’ll see this box. Click on Transfer Phone Number.

KennethJAdams_0-1695666859258.png

KennethJAdams_1-1695666859093.png

Then enter the number you want transfer and continue to next step

KennethJAdams_2-1695666859284.png

NOTE: Keep your old providers SIM card inside the phone until you get the confirmation text. Say YES. But wait just a bit longer until you no longer see your old provider's name up top. Once it’s gone, try making a call to test. If you can not make a call using your old providers SIM, the transfer has gone through.

Need Help? Let's chat.