cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help article links to nowhere?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Why are so many of the links in the help articles going to nowhere? When I click on the link " For more information on "?" Click here" The link brings me to the page below....

Screenshot_20230621_173018_Chrome~2.jpg

Alternatively it may bring me back to the community.....sometimes to the French side instead of the English side?

This is very frustrating when trying to find info in the help articles especially for new features or changes to the service.

#nothelpfularticles 🐈

14 REPLIES 14

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

Referral rewards are the most lucrative of all of the rewards and regardless of which rewards program you are in if you can keep your referrals as pm customers it benefits you. I spend far less time helping my referrals each month than I have helping customers in the community and they far exceed the maximum $15 community reward you can earn here.

Hi @maximum_gato 

I think you and Koen running  the biggest "Live" support Helpdesk for PM  🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

We are on the same page. Luckily several of my referrals that require my help already have accounts with a pm specific email that I created and can access. I plan on continuing that any future referrals that will need my help.

It seems the only workaround for the community accounts would be putting my name on every account I manage.....since Elvis has left the building and will not be contacting customer support to fix his issue.

@maximum_gato  BTW: here's a clunky workaround for activating an account for a remote referral, but does require high level of trust. Basically you activate the account with a spare SIM with an email you can access and the referral's credit card. Then you mail them the fully activated SIM. From that point they can access the account as needed using SMS to receive the code, and you can do so by receiving the email. 
With some accounts I already manage, I plan to set up a single use email address that forwards a copy of incoming mail to me.  That way the managed account has access to 2FA by SMS and email while I continue to request an email when needed. 
But I don't see any way around creating many Community accounts in order to contact CSAs if needed. 
I do not use the app at all for activated accounts.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Thanks for the comic relief....but since this issue is not resolved and asking the question so far in the community has not fixed it I have chosen to unmark the solution until such time that it is.....?

Edit:

@jc90 

Sorry about taking away your solution! Keep up the participation your contributions are welcomed and appreciated!

Luddite_0-1685989870886.jpeg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Lol.....really?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This whole rollout feels poorly executed and rushed, honestly, every day more issues, the constant influx of new frustrated customers speaks volumes. The management team here has to stop the standard silence until it quiets down approach and be more proactive, honestly.

@maximum_gato  I am guessing the html behind supposed to create a link based on the lanaguage and  location  setting , so it should append something like en/on or en/bc into the link.  Unfortunately, the location part does not work well on and hence, only en was added.

Yes, PM needs to fix that, people won't be like me to try to make the link works  🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

When I click on your first link it redirects me to the "bc" page which is the same as my OP. When I click on your link it brings me to the "joining public points" page for "on". But if I click on "Click here" on that page it brings me to the same page as my OP but with "on" in the address.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

@maximum_gato  you are right, I think there are some links clean up on the Help section need

The example you have is :https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/get-help/articles/Joining-Public-Points
The actual link now is        https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/joining-public-points

there is a province component in the link now

jc90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Might have to do with the recent change to their website, and porting some pages over. 

Alternatively, you can ask questions on this forum. Seems to be a good quick way to get answers. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

For example:

When I click on the highlighted portion I am brought back to the page in my OP.

Screenshot_20230621_181230_Chrome~2.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maximum_gato   what did you type in the "Start your search here" box?  I typed eSIM and it works

Need Help? Let's chat.