cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy anniversary rewards

tao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does the old system still reward for happy anniversary program (i.e. 10 points ($10) per year)?

21 REPLIES 21

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sophie19811 

I don't know about that? I would say that's the slowest way to accumulate points. Getting 5% back is consistent but the fastest way would be to participate in the community and if you contribute a lot then you're likely to get a higher top contributors badge.

So if you came in all gangbusters and had a good all around knowledge about phones and whatnot to be able to answer many of the customers questions here you would then possibly be able to five or 10 points each month like the top 10% and 5% contributors earn.

The top 1% being a full-time job practically and with only two possibly three each month making it unlikely for most customers to achieve that level. The top 50% and 25% are quite easy to earn. With those two levels earning one and two points respectively that would equal what you would earn and get back points if you have a plan that is $40 or under each month.

Sophie19811

The best and fastest way to accumulate points is the anniversary bonus. But it takes a year. Sigh~

@tao  Yes, it is no secret that PM is trying to save money from the new rewards system. The Loyalty reward is the major cut.  Autopay discount is a small cut compare with Loyalty reward (unless you have $40 plan or above)

tao

Thank you for your answer. That is to say $60/year continuously after the 5th anniversary. But the new point system is only $10/year. It's a big difference. And from 2nd year to 5th year, the reward is adding up by $12 each year. So the new system is not good.

@tao   In the old system, $5 Loyalty amount is the most you can get.   So, it will stay at $5 /month after the 5th anniversary

tao

I have a question. In the old system as the loyalty reward you can get $5/month in your fifth year. how about the 6th year, 7th year, etc. ?  Can you keep getting $5/m? 

@tao   

For anyone who decides to migrate, it is in fact a 2 steps process. 

They will need to first click Join Now and then there is another prompt to make sure people read before they click to check box to acknowledge.  I think PM has done its part to make sure people understand that the Opt-ins are final and cannot be reversed.

MyRewards- Opt-in_PublicPoints.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

Unfortunately, there is no going back once your switched to the Points system but you did have a chance to redeem an entry to win an iPhone 13 phone.

There will be more prizes for you to enter.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

I blame Darren Entwistle.....but aside from that opting out means you get no reward points earning at all. The break even point for autopay 5% back or $2 is the $40 plan. You lose if your plan is less but earn more if your plan higher than $40. Anniversary points are a little better to begin with but much worse comparatively the longer you are here because they stay the same rather than growing.

Community and referrals have the same value so capitalize on them to make up for what you will lose in loyalty. Spend an hour or two a month and learn a little more about your service, account and the points program. As you learn you can earn a community reward 1pt=$1 or even 2pt=$2 is quite possible.

Once you feel comfortable you will be able to recognize who among your friends and family would benefit from the savings pm offers. You refer them and guide them along and you earn another 1pt=$1 per 30 days. They all add up eventually to discounted redemptions of 25% to 50% off most add ons or $15 bill credits.

Not as easy as the set it and forget it of the rewards program but can still save you significantly over other providers.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

tao

Because many people migrated to the new system by mistake, PM should arrange to fix that.

@tao   Sorry to hear that you have migrated to the new system.

Opt-Out in this case means you are not joining ANY rewards system, so you don't want to do it at the moment

Many has migrated by mistakes and asked to reverse, PM confirmed that once you left the old system, you wouldn't be able to go back.   (There is no more "entry" to the old system anymore at the moment, hence even you left the new system, it does not mean you are back to the old system)

On the bright side, although the new rewards might not be as attractive as the old one, you are still earning 5% back in points for your monthly spending as well as all spending on add-ons.  When you first migrated to the new points system, PM has only given you some bonus points for joining.   You can also test you lucky by joining the quarterly Jackport.  You might not be saving as much on the new system, but still the saving with Public Points is a lot better than other providers

tao

Thank you very much. I went to the point rewards system in February without understanding. Now I find my $2 AutoPay is missing, I came to the Community asking about what happened. What does opting out mean and why can I not go back to the old system?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@tao wrote:

Is the old system called rewards grogram and the new system called points program?

I am getting points right now, and if I switch back to the old system can I still contact people in the Public Mobile Community?

If you are CURRENTLY on Points system there is NO switching back to 'old' system.

You can only opt out of ANY rewards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

Oh dear did you switch already? You can't go back I'm afraid you are all about points now. But you can redeem for discounted add ons and enter the lucky draw. But it makes no difference to the community. You are welcome here anytime!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Hi @tao   You got mixed up

Community is Community. You are in the Community here now.  You are in the Community to ask question and help other

Reward system is the reward you got to save money

The new system is called Public Points

The old system has no fancy name

Once you are in the new system, Public Points, you earn points and redeem for saving when you are even enough points.  You cannot move back to the old system if you are on the Public Points

tao

Is the old system called rewards grogram and the new system called points program?

I am getting points right now, and if I switch back to the old system can I still contact people in the Public Mobile Community?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

Yes, you will get $1 credit/month/year while you stay with PM.

I hope you didn’t switch over to the Points system. You will get instant credit/month if you are still on the Rewards system.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

They don't call it an anniversary reward but indeed other then the first year, it is much, much better.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

The old rewards program stays the same. After your first year you start earning a $1 reward every 30 days. Increasing to $2 the second year and so on until you reach a $5 reward every 30 days. After that it equates to $60/year in loyalty rewards.

Anniversary points are added to your points in your rewards account once a year. You receive 10pts per year (10pts=$10 in value) total. Anniversary points compared to the loyalty reward after 5 years are much less rewarding 10pts/$10 vs $60 in rewards. Stick with the rewards program.

@tao wrote:

does the old system still reward for happy anniversary program (i.e. 10 points ($10) per year)?

There has been no change to the old rewards program. The old program's loyalty rewards are much better.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@tao 

The old system with rewards for loyalty is $1 earned off your renewal for each year of loyalty up to $5.

Need Help? Let's chat.