cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Samsung s20 SIMcard changed

CR0891
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_20220416-143754_One UI Home.jpg

I have the Samsung s20 5g. Originally from Fido. I currently have virgin mobile for my provider. I put the PM SIM card in my phone and I get this. I restart, still shows. I reset my network settings, tried airplane mode. I have service but this does not go away. What do I do? 

25 REPLIES 25

@CR0891   is your OS up to update?  try to make sure it is first

Some people just power it off completely , or reseat the SIM  and fixed that

It is a Samsung software issue.  I think it is time to call Samsung to open a ticket there.  It is not an PM issue but a Samsung issue

And your device is a single physical sim device not a multiple physical sim device, right?

CR0891

No unfortunately. 

CR0891

The restart isn't showing on mine. I manually or volume down & lock button until my phone goes off. Done multiple times. My bf doesn't have an issue and my old Samsung s4 doesn't have this issue.. 

Going to do a factory reset to see if that does anything

CR0891

I still have and use my old provider SIM and no issues. Only issue with PM SIM card🙄

@dust2dust it might help for connection issue or if it is a physical SIM contact issue.  But I searched it briefly and some pointed out that it is a Samsung software issue, so maybe.. maybe not 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I've come across this idea on occasion and wonder about its effectiveness:

fully power off, remove sim, turn back on, let it finish, fully power off, insert sim, turn back on. Would that do anything?

@CR0891 others  "had to click "RESTART" about 3 times before it finally started working normally.   Seems to be OK now.  Try restarting a few times and see if it fixes it."

@CR0891 your bf has the same Samsung phone?

CR0891

My bf has one. I tried it and same issue. I click the Emergency call (do I need to make a call?), I don't call and click the back button. It goes away for a few seconds but comes back up. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@CR0891 

Do you know anyone with a PM account you could try their sim in your phone to see if the same message comes up?

CR0891

What app? 

Was this automatic? I know they have a partnership but I never saw that app 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CR0891 - try powering off your phone with the SIM inside for a couple minutes. Then restart it.

Try this a few times. Seems this helped this Samsung user with a similar issue: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/SIM-Card-Change-Error/td-p/1054619#:~:text=1%20S....

You can also try a soft reset:

press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button down simultaneously for more than 7 seconds to restart it.

CR0891

I don't have another sim slot

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CR0891 - can you try the SIM card into the other SIM slot and see if the same message comes up?

CR0891

Sim card is active with a plan

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CR0891  - do you have an a current Public Mobile plan? 

If this SIM card is not activated you can activate an account in-store, or online here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation , or click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

edit, scratch the above..i see you just answered that question.

CR0891

Works in another phone 

CR0891

I have service and it's active 

CR0891

I restarted multiple times, SIM CARD is activated and yes phone is unlocked

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CR0891 try your sim in another device,  it could be just  a Samsung error 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/SIM-Card-Change-Error/td-p/1054619/page/3

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you successfully ported your phone number from Virgin?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you restarted your Samsung? It's so they can remove the previous carrier's bloat and reinstall the ones required for the Public Mobile service. I have the Samsung A53 and it has only installed the Mobile KLink checkup app. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have PM service at all? Calls/SMS/Internet?

PM service active?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@CR0891 

Did you actually go through the activation process for the PM sim? Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.