cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Disable or remove voicemail from my service

mlroberts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm a senior with arthritis mobility problems.  When my cell phone rings I can't answer fast enough and the call goes to voicemail.  Rings are already set at 30 seconds/6 rings.  I never use my cell phone to make or receive phone calls.  I'm 'housebound' so always use my landline.

The only calls I get on the cell phone are delivery people buzzing from the lobby.  I can't move fast enough to answer the cell phone before it goes to voicemail.   I missed a deliver due to this!

How can I set up more than 6 rings, (8 to 10 perfect) OR completely remove or disable the Voicemail?

5 REPLIES 5

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi - Found the following from one of your previous postings.

Dial this sequence: *61 *16475804001*11 *[then enter number of seconds to wait] # [SEND or CALL].

For the number of seconds to wait - choose from the following options:

1. For one ring, enter 5.
  2. For two rings, enter 10.
  3. For three rings, enter 15.
  4. For four rings, enter 20.
  5. For five rings, enter 25.
  6. For six rings, enter 30 (This is the maximum number of rings/seconds).

Grinch

1. Can’t the calls go to your landline?

2. Can you forward all cell calls to your land line? Then can you allow entry from land line?

Or contact a CSA and also let them know what your phone make and model is. 

Take a look at some options. https://support.bell.ca/mobility/rate_plans_features/how_to_use_call_forwarding_on_my_mobile_phone

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mlroberts 

Change your voicemail greeting to say that you are available and to phone again.

Wayworn

Hi - Checked voice mail options but can not seem to find the number of rings option. Where can I find this option?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mlroberts 

you cannot set more than 30 seconds of ring and neither completely disable voicemail 

however maybe you can set conditional forwarding when no reply to your landline 

to enable: dial * 61 * + ten-digit phone number + '#' + SEND

to disable: dial # 61 # , then  SEND

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Need Help? Let's chat.