cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving calls from landline numbers

Nadiaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have used public mobile for more than a year now, but I still have problems receiving phone calls from landline numbers. From the cases I know, E.g. phone call from school office never reached me and I never get a missed call note. It didn't even direct them to the voicemail. Then I do get voicemail from my dentist but never received any missed call note either. 

Note: those numbers above are not on my block list, I can call them no problem. I think it s a landline problem as those are the ones I am aware of. I don't know if other office numbers tried to reach me and failed, as I would never have a way to get their feedback. 

I see lots of people have the same problem, but only happened when they transferred the number. Not sure what problem is mine, but def this is Not a one number issue. I have submitted a ticket and that agent told me to ask the numbers I missed to add #31# before my number to call (this is not something an office would do for me to test my number, they are not tech service.. ) and insisted there s nothing wrong with public mobile. I see no hope from the agent, so looking for some suggestions here.. 

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

sound like you have the phone feature "Silent unknown caller" enabled.  With that, only number on your contact list will ring, the rest won't.  Check it

On iPhone , go to  Settings > Phone, then scroll down, tap Silence Unknown Callers, and turn off the feature

On Android, it could be called something else , but start with checking: Settings-> Block Number-> Block unknown/private numbers

Need Help? Let's chat.