cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Roaming and Australia

simtre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all global roaming experts.  I have a dual SIM phone with Canadian (Public Mobile) and Australian SIMs.  When my Australian Bank sends me the 4 to 6 digit pins (on-time passwords), in Canada I turn on my Australian SIM, international roaming and receive that pin in an SMS (it is free to receive).  I will soon be in Australia and want to do the reverse.  So when a Canadian bank sends me a pin, I want to turn my Public Mobile SIM on, turn on international roaming and receive the pin via SMS for free.  Will this happen or do I have to call anyone in Canada who sends pins and change to my Australia phone number?

6 REPLIES 6

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this TD?  Have you tried adding your Australian number as another contact number for verification?

I think it does allow an international phone number to be provided for verification purposes, but I haven’t tried yet.

@Korth wrote:

I wonder if "Canadian" phone service would work in a well-equipped Canadian Consulate/Embassy.

As long as the well equipped Canadian Consulate / Embassy was in Canada or USA, the phone would be able to work. Once outside of Canada or US, won't work. I wondered the same thing and tried that theory out on a past trip to Mexico...went to the  Consulado de Canada, but wouldn't work there.

I wonder if "Canadian" phone service would work in a well-equipped Canadian Consulate/Embassy.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only offers roaming in the US.  You could either use Wi-Fi apps like Textnow or purchase a local sim.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@simtre wrote:

Hi all global roaming experts.  I have a dual SIM phone with Canadian (Public Mobile) and Australian SIMs.  When my Australian Bank sends me the 4 to 6 digit pins (on-time passwords), in Canada I turn on my Australian SIM, international roaming and receive that pin in an SMS (it is free to receive).  I will soon be in Australia and want to do the reverse.  So when a Canadian bank sends me a pin, I want to turn my Public Mobile SIM on, turn on international roaming and receive the pin via SMS for free.  Will this happen or do I have to call anyone in Canada who sends pins and change to my Australia phone number?

Once you leave Canada or USA...your PM will not work. Text only works when the text originates in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simtre : Public Mobile only works while in Canada or using roaming add-ons in the US. Nowhere else.

Need Help? Let's chat.