cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in from outside Canada

Jaafar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My wife is now outside Canada (and not in USA) and can't sign in into her account because they're requiring to verify through an SMS. However, Public mobile doesn't have a global roaming service, and hence she can't receive SMS outside Canada and USA. 

How are we supposed to verify then? We have the username/password, the email and everything else.

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Jaafar

That what worked. Thanks a lot

Jaafar

This didn't help at all. The guy wanted her to call them (although she doesn't have roaming) and there is no public customer service number that reach you to an agent. Anyway got to solve it using the "keep trying till you get a send by email" message. Thank you

@Jaafar Open ticket with Chatbot has been having issue lately, please simply message them using your current  Community account

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaafar 

Bad timing unfortunately. Public mobile just changed the system (login, 5G, App) last week and Public mobile is aware of the issues and working on the fix.  

Several customers were in similar situation as yourself and they were able to access their accounts without having access to their phones.  The tricks include reseting your password, then re-signing in and then able to receive the code via email.  As softtech mentioned, keep on resending the SMS text code 3-5 times will sometimes eventually send via email.  

These recent changes has caused for some members some significant customer service issues.  However, although only online customer service, normally Public mobile provides decent service.  If you have monthly rewards, it would be unfortunate if you would have to leave Public mobile, but the choice is obviously yours to make. 

Jaafar

Thank you for your your response. However, this option isn't available because we didn't try the EverSafe service yet.

Jaafar

Thank you so much @softech 
You're right that's exactly what I think is the only option.
Unfortunately, I have three numbers at public mobile, I have to stop them, because of this ugly chatbot and their void customer service. Also, look what a turnaround, you need to sign in to get to chat with that chatbot about your account even if you say that you have a problem with signing in.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jaafar please let us know if @Handy1 suggestion worked for you.

Thanks 😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jaafar 

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet, then, you won't be able to create the ID on the new My Account without the a working phone with a working PM sim.  Sending the code to email would not be a choice until a EverSafe id is setup

However, try these workarounds, it could bypass the sms:

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If that still does not work, please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot at:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html?lang=en
             Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jaafar  You can try to hit rescend and it should give option to send to email instead and try that way 

Need Help? Let's chat.