cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

MikeNo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My entire family receives promotional text messages except me.  I contact CS_Agent and they keep saying that I'll receive them.  I want the promotional $25 5gb plan that's available to $15 base plan folks.

18 REPLIES 18

@MikeNo  Unfortunately these promotions are random . Not everyone will get the offer . But that’s not to say they won’t soon be available for existing customers . Maybe after sept 5 just keep and eye out on the website and check in the community every now and then for promos plans 

@MikeNo wrote:

PM has told me there's no blocks on my text messages

HI @MikeNo  it has nothing to do with text block or not, simply a fact that not everyone has the offer

MikeNo

PM has told me there's no blocks on my text messages

@MikeNo Had you ever texted stop to receiving promotional text offers in the past . I know the last holiday give away I didn’t get text ether and had to contact support and was able to get it applied . But as far as plan text offers I have never received one also before . 

MikeNo

You're missing my point.  I've been with PM for over 5 years and I have never received a protional text, while my friends and famt receive them regularly.  Every Christmas they receive a bonus text of 5gb or free long distance minutes when I've not once received a text

HI @MikeNo 

these promo is not to everyone, so don't get upset.  I also not sure if they will send out in different batches too  Maybe next time

MikeNo

I'm on the $15 plan and did not receive the offer, nor any other promotional offers

KababMan

I could be wrong, but it seems like only people on the $15 were offered it. Which makes sense, the goal of targeted offers to to make people upgrade to a more expensive plan. Another provider keeps giving my mom $25 targeted offers too, as she is on their $15 plan. 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well this is intriguing.  I wouldn't mind receiving these kinds of offers but sadly nothing so far and yes it's disappointing that it seems to be a random offering to only some public customers.  Not sure I would take public up on this as it's still another $10/month but would be almost tempted to upgrade.

Another interesting point when I logged into my phone account just now and decided to see if these plans were available there, after selecting change subscriptions, for a brief period the page showed my current subscription as being 30GB plan which was very confusing until the page loaded properly and it showed my correct plan being $15. 

MikeNo

That doesn't work.  All it says is "Looks like the offer has expired..."

You know @NDesai you gave me an idea. Head over to the lounge in 5 minutes and check out my thread.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The accounts that I would like to see an offer has had nothing.  It is what it is.  The next opportunity is year end.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Did you all start the plans at the same time?

I'm just spit balling on this. Did your 3 family members receive the text while at home or at work out shopping? Where were you when their texts came in. Were you with one of them at the time of their text? If so, once again, just spit balling.....  maybe your network settings are different and you were both were connected to different towers? What I'm saying is I rarely got offers. One offer in 2 years. Then someone here in the forums mentioned to go into my network settings and take it off Automatic and pick Public Mobile then reboot. After that I started getting offers way more often. Just sayin....  sorry for the rambling... I need sleep.

@MikeNo wrote:

I have never received a single promotional text message, ever.

@MikeNo , I haven’t either but according to a CS_Agent I opted out of receiving offers from Public Mobile but no memory of ever texting STOP to any! A CS_Agent fixed it for me tonight so we will see if I am lucky enough to receive any now! I am hoping I do.

Edit: But I see several others have not received any so we are not alone! 🙂

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Got nothing here too. I've been on $25 for years and still nothing. It must be targeted based on region.

MikeNo

I have never received a single promotional text message, ever.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MikeNo  It’s a mixed bag of offers that’s being texting to random customers unfortunately 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MikeNo 

not everyone is getting the promo text and not everyone is getting the same $25-5GB promo plans.  Some got different one.  It is a targeted offer, and I don't get any myself, too  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.