cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Add on not activated for the month of July

debasisn3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I usually get free 2GB data add-on in every plan cycle as part of a promotional offer under the code LNY 2GB. However, I did not get it this month (July) and it does not even showing in my profile anymore. Please check the issue and make up for the lost add-on data.

My email ID is  xxxxxxx, Phone no. 226-xxx-xxx

Thanks

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@debasisn3

Ask for a ticket to be created with the tech team and get the reference #. Then when you follow up you can quote the ticket reference # and tell the agent to read the notes on the account/ticket.

Aside from that if you go thru renewal without an answer then I would complain and ask that your support request be brought to the attention of the escalations department or you will complain to the C C T S (I can help with that.) Once you talk to escalations nicely demand restoration of your promotion and ask for an extra 4 months of promotional data to compensate.

At the time of your promotion there were others available that you would have qualified for with 12+ months of data. Since you are owed a minimum of 2 more months of data they can easily add a promocode to give you a total of 6 more months of bonus data (the 2 they owe you+4 more for all of the hassle=6 total.) Otherwise tell them you are outta here and you will be filing a complaint. (The C C T S still accepts complaints even if you do port out and it makes it harder for a provider to settle a complaint on the cheap.) Data costs nothing for them....they want to keep your custom.

debasisn3

Neither, every time there is another CS Agent and every time they ask for some or other sort of either validation or verification or more info. or simply ghosting out.👿

HI @debasisn3   did they confirm the system was wrong and they will make the change?

or they are still investigating?

debasisn3

Even after multiple follow ups, Public mobile is yet to restore my data add-on...This seriously sucks to next level...just waiting for this month and then I will change/switch to other better 5g service providers instead of this loser 3g plan

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

this is the one

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Lunar-New-Year-Offer/td-p/777689

@debasisn3 

did you make any plan change? like upgrade to 4G plans ?

I saw people with problem on a Lunar New year promotion not long ago and they promotion cycle was miscounted.    So, check your activation date, if it is not 8 cycles yet, open ticket with CS Agent,  they will change it back for you

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by typing : Contact CS Agent
then Click "Contact Us"
then Click "Other"
finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman 

Ummm...can you you Edit? Please and thank you

debasisn3

Thanks for editing the personal info. Will keep in mind not to include them in future posts. It was LNY 2GB promo code, valid for 08 months, should remain valid atleast upto October

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@debasisn3 hi is it possible it was the promo around Christmas that was 2 GB for six months? If so your freebie is done Also putting all your personal information on a public site for all to see it’s very dangerous for you that is how people get hacked in their account follow @darlicious instructions

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@debasisn3 

Did you sign up for this promotion?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Lunar-New-Year-Offer/td-p/777689

Did you change plans at all?  If you change plans, it usually gets rid of promotion add on.  What date did you sign up for? It was only for 8 months.  However, if you signed up in January, it should still be there.  

If you still meet the criteria for another 1-2 months, you will need to contact customer service agent for check your account.  I will remove your personal informaiton from this public forum. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@debasisn3 

This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post.

Which promo in particular and when did you activate? Did you make any plan changes recently?

Are you sure, this promo period is still ongoing? If so, submit a ticket to CSA to inquire.

Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit: fyi, plans are 30 days here (not monthly)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@debasisn3 

Please go to the little arrow on the right of hour post an edit out your personal info as it puts your account security at risk.

Edit:

Now that is taken care of....you will have to contact customer support to see where it disappeared to...likely a glitch with the new self serve account. The  LGNYGIFT promocode was good for 8 months so depending on your activated your account you should have 2 or 3 months left on your 2GB of monthly recurring data bonus.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What kind of promo was that?

Does it have expiry date?

Since when you started receiving it?

Do you have screen shot of that promo on your account (past month(s))?

Need Help? Let's chat.