cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel Free to Use the Search Bar!!!!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I thought it was a given, but apparently it isn't. When you come into the community you may want to skip a few steps and enter your issue into the search bar, most likely you will find several different answers to your problem. You can save yourself a ton of time not have to post anything and resolve your problem before you can even get stressed out.

It seems there are a lot of repetitive posts with the exact (and I mean exact) same issue yet people just keep posting away regardless. Makes for a bit of clutter and it for the sake of efficiency and expediency you can save yourself a lot of grief by typing a few keys in that search bar first. Just my two cents.

7 REPLIES 7

People are used to pick up a phone and call support expecting all problems to be resolved right away.

Community support might be new to them and some might not trust other customers to provide valid solution.

So they post here assuming PM staff will read it. Unfortunately it is easier just to ask instead of researching first.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I guess many who opened tickets are new to the Community.  When they have a problem, they were upset and worry. So, rather than explore the site which they are not familiar with , many simply go ahead and post their question first.  They think this is faster to get an answer that way

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 wrote:

I thought it was a given, but apparently it isn't. When you come into the community you may want to skip a few steps and enter your issue into the search bar, most likely you will find several different answers to your problem. You can save yourself a ton of time not have to post anything and resolve your problem before you can even get stressed out.

It seems there are a lot of repetitive posts with the exact (and I mean exact) same issue yet people just keep posting away regardless. Makes for a bit of clutter and it for the sake of efficiency and expediency you can save yourself a lot of grief by typing a few keys in that search bar first. Just my two cents.

@JL9  - I agree with you. 

Kinda like googling the issue first and seeing some fixes.

The search bar could be a bit more user friendly or made more easier to use. There can be so much clutter (and unnecessary data) to sort through sometimes.

Similar to the Get Help Articles. Sometimes not the greatest to answer certain questions, but there are some hidden gems there: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes it couldn't be faster to open a post - type out the issue (which is sometimes a novel) then submit it and wait for answers when the exact same issues is one topic below and is already been "solutioned" and would take seconds to read....I don't get it lol maybe it's just me.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

Seems like nobody conducts a search, they rather post the question so the Community will help them right away.

I know what you mean, I have solved some of my own issues using it (pretty quickly mind you) or like you I will use it to help others and confirm I am giving correct info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

I have solved many an issue for others doing exactly that.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.