cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired credit card and expired account

John4len
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an 85-year-old friend who signed up for public mobile last year. He does not have a computer or a smartphone. His credit card expired a month ago and his automatic payments stopped and now his phone does not work. The shop he signed up with no longer handles public mobile and will not help him. How can he update payment info to the new credit card?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

John4len

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.  I have been working with a moderator and am very close to getting him back online. 

Thanks again to all for sharing your knowledge. 

John

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John4len 

I have a feeling that the self serve account set up was never completed as that would be up to the customer to complete online after an in store activation. Since July 13th 2022 when public mobile switched back to a 100% online only provider the self serve account registration process was removed and now can only be completed by customer support.

I suggest you call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your friends 10 digit phone number to get the basic account info, plan amount and deactivation date (**you must top up before this date!!) Then you know the minimum amount needed to top up with a voucher to reactivate his services either via 611 from the phone or using the 1 855-4PUBLIC phone number.

Once reactivated and with payment card info and your friend you can contact customer support to verify and set up the self serve account with a new email address. You can then access and help update the payment card info. I recommend disabling 2FA verification on the profile page for login so that if any future issues crop up you can help your friend with access to his self serve account.

I help my 81 years young @grumpyneighbour manage his account.....he just knows to go to the bank and pay his credit card bill (actually he puts $60 on it every 5 months or so....as pm is his only credit card charge and he's down to $10/30 days now.)

Here's info on pm vouchers and other alternative methods of payment....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

@John4len 
If the SIM was activated at the store, they wouldn’t use the store email address for private reasons. They would have asked him for an email address.

Once the account is created and SIM was activated, the store would have given him a printout of all the information of the account.

John4len

Thanks for all the quick replies.  He does not have the login account and password.  I believe the shop used a business email address to set him up on the flip phone. If so I will contact them to see if they can do a 'forgot password' and at least get in to the self serve  account to update payment and change email associated with it. If not I will start with a moderator.

Thanks

@Olive_Oyl- 1. If self-suspended then one would need to self-resume. Then pay. 2. If the top-up was enough to pay the plan then it should be immediate. 3. If the top-up was enough to pay the plan then yes.

Olive_Oyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi i’m no pro on this. Non payment will put a suspend on account for 90 days. So is good that, that time has not been exceeded. Top up the account ... and should work. But my question on behalf of the OP is......are there any “other” steps to remove the suspend, other than the top up?? And what is the wait time to be operational?

Does the top up start a new “start date” for the 30 day cycle? 

Thanks for helping your friend!!

I used to watch all of my mother in laws auto pays on her credit card. I would jump on it when she received an new card due to expiry or due to a compromised card.  A new card usually shows up a month before expiry....as long as the friend lets you know. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@John4len 

I hope he remembers his login email address and password so you can help him login to his account then go to the Payment section to update his CC information.

If he remembers his security PIN, you can help him contact a CS_Agent to access his account to update his CC.

If he can’t remember any of his security credentials then you are left with getting vouchers then dial *611 and enter the voucher number. They can be purchased from these locations:

IMG_0220.png

Or purchase an electronic voucher from recharge.ca.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@John4len 

get some payment vouchers at Shell gas, dial 611...then add them to the account...BOOM..back in business !

MDROntario

You can seek the assistance of one of the moderators who can update the credit card info on the account or pay by voucher. If you know your friend's self serve account login information or they trust you to give you that info, you could log in on your computer with that info and update the credit card info on their file and reactivate their account. Good luck!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @John4len  you really have to help him to setup the My Account and update credit card that way 

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Forgot Login,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

FYI, There is another way to pay, via voucher.  But you need to keep buying voucher from store and the load using *611, I dont think it is a model he wants 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@John4len 

1. log into their self-serve account
  2. click the 3rd tab down on the left hand side, titled "Payments"
  3. in the Pre-authorized area tap "Manage Payment Method"
  4. then tap "Update Card Information"
  5. from there, he'll be prompted to enter the complete credit card information with the new information
  6. then tap "Save Payment Information" at the bottom

Adding:

Perhaps YOU can do this for him if he is unable to navigate the self-serve site.

Alternatively, ask the Customer Support Agents for assistance:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.