cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EverSafe ID Issue

GarrettC1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good day, I ported back to Public Mobile from Virgin this morning. Service seems to be working fine so far. Only issue is I can't confirm for Full Access for EverSafe due to the SMS code not coming through.  I've tried the app, tried on desktop. The phone # seems to match mine, but no SMS has come through yet. I tried resetting my Network settings as well but still no luck.  Any suggestions?  

25 REPLIES 25

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Okay, that message only comes up after activation and prior to your first login to your online account. I guess this is going to require intervention from a Customer Support Agent. 

Link to PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Alright no problem, I hope they can get it fixed for you quickly.

GarrettC1982

I tried on my desktop as well to no avail. CS Agent seems to think there was an issue with the port so we will see if that fixes things overnight. Thanks again.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @GarrettC1982 , can you try logging on in a desktop? Because I have the option in desktop when I click "didn't get the code". And it does not seem as if you have clicked on the "resend code"

GarrettC1982

I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m not getting the option to send via email. When I attempt to login all I get is this

IMG_3267.png

IMG_3268.png

maple_leaf

@GarrettC1982 , Sorry, I'm so confused. I assumed (incorrectly) that you were using the same login for both your online account and Community profile. So, I figured you knew how to resend the code to your email address. First, see screenshot below for how to resend code to your email, then once logged in, go to 'Manage EverSafe ID' and check the details. 

Click on Resend Code, Select Email option

GarrettC1982

I tried to check on the EverSafe details but as soon as I login it attempts to Confirm my Identity via the SMS which never arrives. I'll reach out to a Customer Support Agent to see if they have any suggestions. Thank you all for trying though, greatly appreciate it. 

maple_leaf

Sorry @GarrettC1982 , It's difficult to interpret and solve for other Community members without the whole story. Sometimes, that means going with your best guess based on the information at hand. In this case, have you followed the link I listed above to check on your EverSafe ID details? Just wondering if that telephone number is your current cell phone number? If it's not, then change it to your current cell phone number. If it is, then there's some other issue at play, which may require you contact a Customer Support Agent for further assistance.

Link to PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

GarrettC1982

EverSafe ID didn’t exist when I was last with Public Mobile. I ported back the same number that I originally had as well. I’m receiving SMS from friends, but for some reason the one to confirm my identity isn’t coming through.

maple_leaf

I see that now...awesome!

I know. That's why I edited it right after I posted the picture. LOL

maple_leaf

Thanks for including that @Chalupa_Batman , but the phone number is what is needing updating, not the email address (in this case). Arrow points to email address in your screenshot.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like.

KennethJAdams_0-1693777247840.png

Well, this points to email but you get my point as the phone number is right below it. LOL

maple_leaf

Hello @GarrettC1982 , Welcome back! I think I may know what's happening here. When you left Public Mobile originally, your EverSafe ID (online account) remains active, but with no subscription attached. However, the details of your EverSafe ID would still include your old Public Mobile telephone number for 2FA (text codes). So, if you have now ported back in with a different number, you will need to access 'Manage EverSafe ID', and update the telephone number for those text codes. I've included a link below for assistance. Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Changing EverSafe ID Information (Name, Number, Email):
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/changing-name-in-eversafe

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GarrettC1982 , since you have confirmed that number transfer is completed, go into your online account and check the ever safe settings and make sure the SMS is going to the right phone number.  

hi @GarrettC1982 great then service is working 

Try login using Incogn/private/secret mode.  If tiu still see the same error, submit ticket with agent

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Next trial and error to determine fix...  go to your network settings and turn off automatic and pick Public Mobile and reboot.

Or you can try my suggestion below and have the 6 digit code go to your email instead for now till we figure out why texts aren't working.

GarrettC1982

Inbound is working fine, just confirmed.

hi @GarrettC1982 outbound calls can't confirm porting complete or not.  It is inbound calls that matter.  Try calling yourself from different phones 

GarrettC1982

Port appears to have gone through. Received the text, confirmed with YES. Made a few calls today and see I am connected to Public Mobile 5G

@will13am is correct. Can you confirm the port actually went through? Did you get a text from Virgin asking permission to port? Did you say YES? As per @will13am please place your Virgin SIM card back in your phone and see if the name Virgin is in the top left corner still and make a call. If you can't make a call, the port went through and you can try my other advice. If you can make a call, then the port didn't go through. Please let us know so one of us can send you the number to the porting team as a last resort.

Let's figure this out as a community before we go further.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Before you contact a CS Agent, this this.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone? Try this method

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screen shot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

KennethJAdams_0-1693772400644.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1693772400645.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your key pad.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GarrettC1982 , check the status of your virgin account.  If that account is still active then porting has not completed yet which explains issues with receiving SMS.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GarrettC1982  Please submit ticket with support using this direct link to help fix 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @GarrettC1982 

First time you getting inbound call? if not, you need to wait till porting completed 

or you can submit ticket with agent so they can check

Need Help? Let's chat.