cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim phone transfer

Jay851
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I need help with transferring my esim to my new iPhone. When I try transfer it, it tells me that it can’t transfer my sim and I can’t enter it. What do I do?

3 REPLIES 3

jackbiden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you're experiencing issues transferring your eSIM to your new iPhone and receiving an error message stating that it can't transfer the SIM, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check eSIM compatibility: Ensure that your new iPhone model supports eSIM functionality. Not all iPhone models have eSIM capability, so it's important to verify this. You can check Apple's official website or your iPhone's documentation to confirm eSIM compatibility.

2. Check eSIM activation status: Make sure that your eSIM is not currently active on another device. If it is, you may need to deactivate it from the previous device before attempting to transfer it to your new iPhone.

3. Update your iPhone's software: Ensure that your new iPhone is running the latest iOS software version. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for any available updates and install them if necessary. Sometimes, software updates can resolve compatibility issues or bugs related to eSIM activation.

4. Reset network settings: On your new iPhone, you can try resetting the network settings. This can sometimes help resolve issues related to eSIM activation. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this action will remove all saved Wi-Fi passwords, so make sure you have them written down or can easily retrieve them.

5. Contact your mobile service provider: If the issue persists, it's recommended to reach out to your mobile service provider's customer support. They will have access to your account details and can assist you with the specific eSIM activation process for your carrier.

Remember, the specific steps may vary depending on your iPhone model, iOS version, and mobile service provider. Contacting your mobile service provider's support is the best course of action to receive personalized assistance in transferring your eSIM to your new iPhone successfully.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jay851  so, you have a working PM eSIM on a phone already?

At this point , eSiM cannot be transfer. If you want to use PM service in another phone, you have to change it back to physical sim card

if you can hold, wait a month or two and hopefully PM will allows transferring eSIM by then

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jay851  You need to get a physical SIM card and swap it in my account like this . ESIM is only for new activations not existing customers 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1688682354173.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.