cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim not working, says to contact public mobile

aw2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got a new phone plan today, got message from previous provider confirming the switch, went on public mobile app and did the process to keep phone number (IMEI, provider, account number with old provider). Then a pop up tells me esim is not working and to contact public mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

@aw2000 wrote:

I have just tried this and it does not seem to work

@aw2000 , sorry 😞 

You said “got message from previous provider confirming the switch, went on public mobile app and did the process to keep phone number (IMEI, provider, account number with old provider)” Do you mean that you responded YES to the text message to authorize the port request to port the phone number over to Public Mobile?

@aw2000  Here’s the direct link to support to look into the eSIM . And I’ll also send you the  porting team number to as I think you might have failed port due to use the IMEI only the old providers account number needed 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

aw2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just tried this and it does not seem to work

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@aw2000 , Please try these things below to see if any help. Others have experienced similar issue & sometimes these suggestions have worked!

Reset your network settings & reboot your phone just incase it installed but not activated yet.

Edit: In cellular settings check to see if there’s the option to “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.