cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim not working, can't login

Packa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, maybe someone can help me with this?

I purchased a new plan with an esim a few days ago. After installing the app, it started to install the esim, but during that process something went wrong. It got stuck at this mostly white page. I found the QR code in my email, and followed the instructions for that in my phone's esim settings. However, the esim just comes up as unknown number/unknown in my esim settings. I haven't been able to receive a text at all. 

Which is a problem, as I now cannot login to the app or the website. It asks for a code it is texting to the number I chose before the app's esim installation failed, but I never recieve it.

I was eventually able to contact support on some community page thing private message... But it's the worst CS experience I've ever had in my life? I've tried to explain as I did above, but he only ever tells me to just go get a physical sim. I tried to ask some troubleshooting questions, nope, just go get physical sim. I feel like I am going insane and I'm an inch from just calling my bank and doing a charge back.

The one thing he told me to try is that apparently if I hit resend code enough times, it'll eventually give me the option for an email code? But it NEVER does. I've sat there for 10 minutes hitting resend code and no other option ever pops up.

Anyone have any advice or solution? I'm at my wits end.

I need to do the esim as I'm trying to set this up before returning to Canada next week. Currently in Japan.

10 REPLIES 10

You can't possibly expect the esim to work because the service can't possibly work in Japan.
I'm not sure how common it is for people to sign up services for a provider that is in another country. Some do because they might have a roaming agreement to actually work in the other country. But this place does not work anywhere other than here or the US.

There might be another workaround of going through the change password function to possibly get around to being able to log in. But I doubt it.

@Packa 

why they say "you can't download esim in Japan"?? where are you?

start a new message with support tomorrow morning and you will get better luck, likely a different support will answer and get it resolved 

Packa

For several messages all they would say is that they have no tools for esim, there is nothing they can do, please go get a physical sim and everything will work then. Totally ignoring that not only was the esim not working, but I am completely unable to login to the main site. 

When I posted this here, one of the responses said to message CS, so I tried again, hoping I might get to talk to a different person. I copied and pasted this post as the message. I was immediately replied to saying 'you can't download esim in Japan, it won't work without our network, contact us when you return'.

Again, I was able to download the esim, it just doesn't work at all, and again, I still can't login to my account. I also found it super fishy that it was the same CS that replied, not a different one. So I responded a minute later asking for a refund, and suddenly it's crickets. No reply. No explanation for anything. I'm done. This is a scam, and I'd rather pay Koodo $10 more and be treated like a human being than deal with this. 

If they won't respond to my messages, I don't see the point in asking to escalate. I can't even reach a different CS person - just this 'leonardo' , who hasn't offered any kind of solution whatsoever.

Thanks for trying to help but like I said, I'm done. They have 24 hours to give me my refund or I'll call the bank to do a charge back.

@Packa wrote:

S21

The agent now refuses to help, so I'm going to ask for a refund. This is a complete joke.

@Packa 

it is hard to believe they refused to help.  did they explain why?  Maybe you can provide us more information with your case?

Also, I suggest you to ask them to escalate and have a senior support to handle your case

Packa

I do not get the option to login via email after hitting resend code. I tried on my laptop just now as you recommended but it's the same as on my phone. 

I've already messaged support but they refuse to help. 

Packa

Country shouldn't matter for esim. There are plenty of international esim. If it's so new that their CS cannot offer support other than 'get a physical sim', then they shouldn't have released it yet. 

Packa

S21

The agent now refuses to help, so I'm going to ask for a refund. This is a complete joke.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Packa what phone do you have? if you have not got the physical sim yet, continue working with agent and likely you can get it installed

Understand you weren't too happy with your initial experience with agent, bit give them another chance. 

and if you need to change to physical sim, since you cannot login My Account yet, best to have support to update the new sim for you

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Packa 

One potential issues is that you are activating outside Canada.  Re-activating the eSIM when you arrive back to Canada may work.  

The ESIM option is so new to Public mobile. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Packa  Yes if you tap resend code fee time or renter wrong code it should give you option to send code to email instead . Then once logged into your my account with physical SIM card in had like this 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1689547542989.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

bjt if you cannot get logged in contact support to swap the SIM card number for you . Then your phone will get code for sign in 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.