cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim and VOLTE

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Helllo

I have an esim and don’t see the option for VOLTE on my iPhone SE 2022. When I had a physical sim with previous carrier I had that option. Asking because I’m heading to the US soon and would like to have VOLTE enabled. Is it automatically enabled with an esim?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mohawk44 Yes, some carriers hide the VoLTE option, Telus and PM are one of those.  (Yes, Rogers/Fido will leave it there)

So, the only way to check is to monitor the network status while you are on a call.  If it shows 4G or LTE , you are good

(you have an iPhone SE 2022, so, it is a compatible device and most of us should be VoLTE enabled on our profile now)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mohawk44   you have problem with the calls? or the calls was working fine and you just want to know if VoLTE is used

dwh1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Current IOS doesn't list VOLTE specifically in the Settings/Cellular section.  If you want to be sure do this test.

- Make sure your phone is on LTE and you have wifi disabled.

- Make a phone call.  

- While on the call, check to see if your phone dropped down to 3G.  If it didn't, and if you can load web pages while old the call, that confirms you are using VOLTE.

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wasn’t sure about that. I’m a returning cuswho was used to the old ways of PM.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mohawk44  If you just joined PM with eSIM it safe to say you have volte enabled when you joined all new activations have it it . It’s existing customers that need to wait to get in enabled if we all haven’t already 

Need Help? Let's chat.