cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 821 when trying to Activate new SIM / port existing Koodo post-paid phone #1 of 2.

Jesse_L
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have 2 phones/numbers on a single Koodo post-paid account.

I'm trying to port phone #1 of 2, but ran into issues while activating:

• tried activating SIM card 1 for phone 1 using IEMI (seeing as I have x2 phone numbers under the same account), and got up to the point of it attempting to port over the phone number, but it timed out after 5 mins or so, and gave an error code 821.

Troubleshooting I've done:

• thinking maybe the browser was the problem (firefox), tried going through the activation again in Edge, and this time when I got to the point of putting in my old phone number, it now tells me "Please enter a valid Canadian phone number."...
  • I checked to see if I was charged on my credit card statement and I was.
  • I didn't receive any text messages on my old Koodo SIM (waited about 20 mins)
  • I put my new PM SIM in the phone just to check, but shows up as "unknown"/"unknown phone number"  (I've put my old SIM back in and it still comes up OK)
  • I tried to see if I could register for "My Account" and it brought me to SIMon immediately, advising that if I activated online my account should be active.
  • I tried to login, and it claims I'm not registered.

Not really sure what else to try at this point, as it no longer thinks my phone number is Canadian.

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting from Koodo is tricky. You have to open a ticket with chatbot and follow the instructions.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jesse_L 

DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

Error 821 usually comes up when you request porting and used IMEI as the information for the old provider

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 

You can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jesse_L 

I will private message you the number to help with porting.

To check your private messages, look at the envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon on the upper right.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Jesse_L 

Do not try again to activate since you were already charged.  

Something went wrong with activation. Port was not successful.

Need to contact customer service agent:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Chat with Simon

To submit a ticket for CSA help. 

Check your inbox for response (envelope on upper right corner of website)

Need Help? Let's chat.