cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email retreival

Denver12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit was was compromised andPublic didn’t give us time to insert our new card number. They’ve deactivated our phones without notice and now can’t get into hubbys account. Help

8 REPLIES 8

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12 

what I would do is what @Handy1 has already suggested.

I'd get to Shell gas station and buy enough payment vouchers to cover cost of regular plan renewal. With vouchers in hand, I'd dial 611 using hubby's phone to add those vouchers and Reactivate the service.

Once account is up and running again...I'd log in on my laptop using incognito mode. Then I'd click Payments, scroll down and click Manage Payment Method. Then Update Card Information to add the new card to the account.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12 

Normally you will get a text as a reminder but since your account is suspended. You will need to login your account and send the  2FA code sent by email.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Maybe hubby doesn't want you to.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Denver12 did your credit card already charge back some transactions and PM transaction was one of them?

PM is a prepaid provider and it is very sensitive to charge back.   if credit card charge back is made, they will suspend the service immediately as they have no way to know why a charge back was made

First, please check with your credit card to confirm exactly what charge back was made after the credit card was marked compromised.  If PM is one of them, open the ticket with PM support and provide them the provide from your credit card (maybe the email confirming that it was done because of the situation) and work with them on a workaround to reactivate the account.  They could be nice and just ask you to provide them the new credit card or they can be a bit tougher and ask you to use voucher for the next 12 months.  Key is work with them and provide them proof that the charge back was made because the card was compromised and was not requested by you for no reason

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12 - did you report a charge on your credit card that showed Public mobile or Koodo or something to that effect? If there was a charge-back made for a valid charge from public mobile, then this card that is paying for any public mobile phone numbers/accounts would be affected.

Contact ­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA)  by either two methods, found here, to report this to them and get access back and a new card entered:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or, if this was a charge(s) unassociated with a public mobile charge-back and simply a replacement card, then if either of you had a renewal that came up without having a valid card on file the autopay would have failed. This would be normal for any card not valid at the time of renewal.

It is unfortunate, but this should not prevent you from logging into any My Accounts. What error are you getting?

Is it a password issue?

Use the Forgot your password option to reset it, found here: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/forgot-password

OR, a cache issue with the device you are using. Try clearing your browser's cache, or try a different browser or device. Opening a tab in incognito mode may help as well.

If you cannot call 611 call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another line to see what the message says.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12 

Have you forgotten the login credentials? Or are you unable to recieve the 2FA verification code by email? Otherwise pay by voucher either thru 611 on the phone or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter the 10 digit phone #. Press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. For info on retailers that sell pm vouchers and other alternative methods of payment please read the following post.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Once reactivated you can recieve the 2FA code via text message and access the account to update your credit card info.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12  If you can log into self serve , go to payment tab make payment and reactivate plan , or you can also 611 if you know PIN number to account or even voucher and 611 no pin needed 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Denver12 

contact a customer support agent by clicking on the Simon Chapbot at the bottom and typing “need customer support”.

EDIT:  After placing the support ticket, look for their response in your envelope icon upper right. You’ll know there’s one there when you see a red number on the envelope.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Need Help? Let's chat.