cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community and Give Back Points

6tammy9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please explain how exactly you can earn the 1-20 Community/Give Back points every 30 days? I looked up the language in the FAQs page and it says “Community standings are released the first week of the following month, and Give Back points are added within 48 hours.”  

what the heck does this mean? I just want to know how many points you get for what actions. Or does it mean it’s based on rankings of who contributes the most? Literally cannot make sense of this. 

11 REPLIES 11

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

here's a estimate on the amount of time one needs to contribute to earn a particular amount of rewards

top 25-50%/month($1-2)

make a few post responses, create a topic question
give Bravo's to solutions and correct answers

top 10%/week($5)

3-4 days(2-3hr) of helping customers questions
recieving Bravo's for posts
Bravo's etc.

top 5%/week($10)

6-7 days(2-4hr) of helping customers
gaining accepted solutions
Bravo's etc.

top 1%/week($15)

7 days(5hr+) of helping customers
gaining accepted solutions
Bravo's etc

*this is just an estimation

6tammy9

@Pusheen based on the responses, it looks like it’s a secret formula and that only “Oracles” ie those who get selected by PM to do special jobs like admin work get the full 20 points. But otherwise it’s based on how much you contribute, like respond to things, ask questions, get accepted responses or bravos/likes on your posts. My points show up in my main account (like where you go to check your usage and payment history, etc) 

Let's just say you'd make more collecting refundable bottles from the roadside then the time spent here.  

@Pusheen  they get added in your rewards portal 

Pusheen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would also like to know, I'm new to this too. Do rewards automatically go to your inbox? Is there a certain amount of time or posts you have to make...?

@6tammy9  Yes as @softech  mentioned it’s a secrets formula that only pm knows but we do know you need to participate answer questions get and receive bravos and excepted solutions and you are on your way ! Welcome to the community !

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @6tammy9 

Community rewards are awarded based on your contribution (time spent on community forums) measured by thumbs up \ messages \ solutions you receive.

+*+*+

answers, questions you need to receive community rewards.

+*+*+

Spend time reading posts,and responding when you know, you can help and you will likely be rewarded,

*+*+*

Once a month, Public Mobile will review its statistics and reward customers who have contributed in the Get Help section of the community forum.

*+*+*

Public Points (1-20 points) labeled as "Give Back"

for more information: http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@6tammy9  - it is a world on its own. But you'll get the hang of it if you stick around and read up on things to learn and help out.

Only Oracles (members/customers chosen by public mobile to help out around here with special jobs) receive $20 per 30 days (or points if any oracles are on points...?).

Community Rewards (Give Back) are awarded by your contribution (time spent in the Community forums) measured by bravos/posts/solutions you receive. 

There is no set /written limit to how much time, bravos, answers, questions you need to be involved in to receive community rewards

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and answering when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded!!

Additionally, you could contribute for one 30 day period, get rewarded; then the next 30 day period it resets, so you would need to continue to contribute for any rewards to be given on a continuous basis.

But if you take a break, no worries, just come back when you can!

Check out the Get Help article for earing/redeeming Public Points here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

6tammy9

So is the actual methodology for how points are determined a mystery? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@6tammy9   Only Oracles earn 20 points.  Oracle are small group of community members who help PM  with some administrative work on the Community

For us, we can earn, 1, 2, 5, 10 or 15

it is a secret formula how PM decide what is the top 1%, 2%, 10%, 25%, 50% of participation.  All I can say is keep participate.  Reply questions that you know the answer , bravos good posts  around.  At the end,  you will be "richer than you think"

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@6tammy9  By answering questions like yours now . And giving bravos and receiving them and getting excepted solutions 

Need Help? Let's chat.