cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address changes

Nolawit_RA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change my account email address. And I was wondering how I can get a refund for a SIM card I ordered because it is not working. I created an account, and paid for a plan already but the sim is not working. I bought one from Koodo kiosk and it’s working but the one I ordered from Public is not working. I tried everything. 

6 REPLIES 6

Nolawit_RA

Yes I’ve already been charged for a plan. They said they will send a new sim tho

Nolawit_RA

They’re solving the sim problem for me right now!! And I’ve contacted the about the email address problem. Thank you for your help. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nolawit_RA wrote:

I want to change my account email address. And I was wondering how I can get a refund for a SIM card I ordered because it is not working. I created an account, and paid for a plan already but the sim is not working. I bought one from Koodo kiosk and it’s working but the one I ordered from Public is not working. I tried everything. 

@Nolawit_RA  - two SIMs. But are there supposed to be two accounts?

What were you trying to do with the 2nd SIM card, activate a 2nd plan? If you were charged for the 2nd SIM card activation (which can be done here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation), then the account was created.

You said you tried everything...like what?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nolawit_RA   To change your Self-serve My Account email address, you will have to open ticket with PM Support and have them to change for you.

For the SIM you ordered and didn't work, yes, it is possible to have them look into it.  But how you know that SIM did not work?  did you created an account and found out that the SIM didn't work ?  Then you go to Koodo kiosk and get another SIM and activate again?

If that was what you did, I suggest you to open ticket with PM support and have them to check if  the first activation, the one with the SIM you purchase via PM directly, did activated and if  PM also charged you plan amount for that activation .  I worry you have 2 accounts opened.  

Again, for the email change, the confirmation for the first SIM (whether activated and PM charged) , open the ticket with one of the 2 methods below:

1. If you have access to Self-Serve My account: For faster response (2-48 hours) , Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with above method: you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nolawit_RA 

Sounds a bit unsure what you want to do.

Are you wanting to generate TWO public mobile services, one is operable but the other isn't working?

OR -  are you not wanting to have any services at all with Public Mobile?

Either way, here's how to contact customer support:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Only the support agents can change your email address in the service account.

Did a charge go through on your tries at activating with the first sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.