cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing previously tagged posts--Beware!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I had noticed the a few of my favourite tags for posts had disappeared and until today had not figured out why? I also seemingly couldn't find these original posts either but figured that was just a matter of searching thru 17,000+ posts a nightmare and since I have reposted them many times I have found a repost to copy from but still very irritating to not have easy access to long original posts by my hand to easily refer to and or copy and paste for a new user asking the same question.

Well imagine my surprise when I updated my US Roaming post to reflect the decommissioning of the 3G network in the US to hit post and see my entire new post disappear from the new thread I was posting in and when I went to find my tag for it ....it as well has disappeared. I have no easy way of finding the original post I just updated that I had posted some 10,000 posts ago so I am unsure if it even exists anymore?!!

This serves as a warning to any users who regularily update their informational posts that they may have tagged for easy reference....you may only lose the tag so hopefully you have a clever title if it's an original thread but if it's just an original post in a thread that happens to contain a wealth of info you can pretty much kiss finding it easily again. 

Of course I had a little rant to Jade about this in the new community announcement thread so I could at least have a work around for my lost tag as long as no one moves my post....please don't!! 

Anyhow you have been forewarned on what editing your previously tagged posts unleashes....

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Interestingly pm seems to be practising passive discrimination as the French side still has tags allowed in "Get support" while the English side has had that privilege taken away and suffer the consequences of losing their tagged posts when they edit them! Both sides of this forum should be treated equally.......I guess it's a matter of bad apples and bonnes pommes?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

I don't use tags. How do I even use tags? Haven't really figured out what they're good for anyhow, on-site and off-site search engines work well enough for me.

But I have noticed a number of threads and a larger number of posts within threads have vanished. Deleted? Moved?

Far more than I believe could be explained by falling through the cracks during forum "upgrades" and reorganization.

I suspect that PM has started culling things they don't want the public to find online anymore. Bias. Censorship.

It is their site, they own it, they host it, the operate it, they maintain it, they pay for it. It's also the main advertising platform for their brand and business.

I know they've assured us many times that censorship doesn't happen here (aside from removing spam, abuse, illegal or obnoxious slurs, etc). But I'm no longer convinced this is true. Too many new examples don't fit the old claims anymore. Tags and edits don't seem to be relevant - selectively excised content seems to be relevant.

Edit: This post was edited. In case it's relevant?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : Jeez...how did I not bravo your list before. Have you made any recent changes? It looks like something was edited on Jan 5 of this year but your last edited line still says Jul '21.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

OMG....I love you! Thanks for my laugh of the month!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious  Bugs/Quirks Latest Update

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887#M42286

Twitter-excuse-me-i-think-you-left-bd69db.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

I can use my memo app for posts of mine but I have also tagged other members informative posts for easy reference. There is also the catch all PMGUIDE that many oracles have used for their posts over the years that contain useful info. I was thinking of @Luddite's "Bugs&Quirks" as an example....but of course I can remember that catchy title to simply use the search bar to find it.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

How about holding your posts in another way? Ie Apple has “notes” that can be updated only any Apple device on the same cloud account. And there are note like apps as well.....just don’t know if they can be set up to sync to all devices.  

@softech wrote:

When it allowed tags before, it used to be fun reading those silly tags people added, i guess that's why PM removed it from Get-Help board

I guess when you start abusing or making fun of system then feature is removed, degraded or you get kicked out.

I experienced tags for a short period of time but never had a chance to use them 😞 I guess they did provide some convenience when properly used.

As for editing post I use it if I make a typo or to correct mistake in my answer pointed by other folks (striking it out).

Otherwise it is better to make another more accurate and detailed post as some can reference what you said a while ago but in the mean time you changed the whole post so it looks 'nicer'.

@Yummy wrote:

I do not see these 'tags' anywhere???

As @softech said, bookmarking valuable topic works just fine.

@Yummy   the site used to allows tagging on all boards, now tagging only on announcement or Lounge

When it allowed tags before, it used to be fun reading those silly tags people added, i guess that's why PM removed it from Get-Help board

I do not see these 'tags' anywhere???

As @softech said, bookmarking valuable topic works just fine.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious   honest, I don't use tag as much as you, I am old school, I still rely on bookmarks to pages I would like to keep track of.  

Need Help? Let's chat.