cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim will not transfer to new iphone

samfromcanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a new phone, my old phone has been running with e-sim. I did the automatic transfer to new Iphone, everything came over except my carrier settings. When I go to carrier settings there is no option to manually add the e-sim without a QR code. When I try and do the automatic transfer there is a message that says my carrier does not support this feature.

I am at the point of going to buy a public mobile physical sim card? I have tried resetting carrier settings. 

5 REPLIES 5

@samfromcanada   that is the problem with eSIM, it works like this for most provider, they will charge you extra if you ever need to change device

But agent said you can buy a new eSIM to switch device?  that is new!! good news

samfromcanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I did need a new e-SIM assigned. I find it silly I had to pay for an additional e-sim, I would have probably been better off just buying a physical SIM so have me all this hassle. below is the reply form CS. 

"I would like to mention when you change the device you need to buy a new eSIM in order to have a new profile with the same phone number, if you have used the Public Mobile phone number with eSIM before you can make a payment for the $5 and once we have it in your account we will be able to get a new eSIM QR code for you to get the phone number back or the other option is to get a Physical SIM card for a sim card change." - CS

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@samfromcanada   yes, the automatic transfer of the eSIM profile really depends on carrier.  From what I understand PM's system is not currently supporting it (Even with Koodo, for the longest time, this feature is not working.  It took long for Koodo to make this happen)

So, it is NORMAL at the moment that there is no way to continue using eSIM if you switched phone.  If you need to use your new iPhone, you have to go back to physical sim card.  Sorry about that

if you want to confirm, you can open ticket with support by direct message, but again, the answer would be the same.  

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@samfromcanada  Check your email there should be a QR code there for you to scan and download (instal )

add esim are only for. New activations at the moment so if this is not a new activation and just a new phone you maybe have no other choice but a physical SIM card . But if new activation check you email on a different device for QR code and scan it with your phone to instal 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@samfromcanada - you should be able to obtain a QR code from customer support (CSA) I believe.

The 2 ways to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team are below:

1 -  Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to: Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

EDIT, are you trying to do a new activation? If so, then CSA should be able to help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.