cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Number.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got this text message from a Friend Referral, any idea on why Public Mobile would have just randomly changed their phone number on them? They are unable to access the My Account due to the verification code being sent to their number Cell Number that Public just randomly changed on them. How can they get their old number back? 

The Message: 'My wife's phone is all screwed up again. Public mobile somehow dropped her number and. Gave her a whole new one. I go into her account and it won't let me recover her number. It won't send a text to her number .she's about fed up with public mobile. It's never worked properly from the start and now they released her number and gave her a new one?.'

This is the first I've heard of this issue, and it's absolutely terrifying considering I am with Public Mobile myself and I never want to have this happen. 

7 REPLIES 7

Priority

No there is absolutely no possibility of them doing this themselves, even if it was on accident. They weren't messing with the Account at all prior to this occurring. 

Priority

Correct when calling people her normal number dissapeared and her Caller ID is now displaying as a new number which they aren't familiar with. 

I'll check and see what happens when calling the number she lost.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Did she accidentally initiate a number change via self serve? I've never heard of any carrier just randomly changing someone's number on them. 

@Priority  

i honestly don't think PM will just dropped the number, no reason for doing so

So, she called others and the friend sees a different number?

how about the old number?  if you call that, on one pick up the calls, right?

I would ask her to open ticket and see what support says.  And I want to know how the number was taken away

Priority

Her number successfully ported in when the Account was made over a month ago, the text was replied 'Yes' to, the Port was completed and the old providers SIM lost reception after the Port was done. It was all successful and working up until today when Public changed her Actual Phone number, not for 2FA but her Actual number.. making 2FA go to the old Public just swiped from her. 

She was using it fine with all incoming and outgoing calls working on her actual number, until now when it shows up as something brand new. Public literally changed their phone number to something else different from the one they originally ported in and have been using..

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

did wife or anyone else try to port her old number to new PM account ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Priority 

you meant the actual number got changed and not just the number for 2FA?

your referred friend's ewife just activated for exactly one month?

what happend was the port was not completed, stuck port. At exactly one month, the port will be voided and PM has no choice but to assign a random number

What your friend's wife need to do is to login My Account , using email to receive 2FA.

Then go to My Account's Profile page to click Transfer number and re-request porting

of course, she needs to have the old provider sim and complete the YES to the porting auth. text

Need Help? Let's chat.