cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile Offer Mobile Internet? Something like through a tablet or laptop?

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if Public Mobile has any Mobile Internet plan that could be used in a tablet through an SIM card or USB Dongle or stick for a laptop?

Essentially would be data only probably?

If so, what are the options or are there some work arounds?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

glenna1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My microsoft Surface takes a Sim card. I am trying to find out if I can just put phone card in there and use the data. The chat bot just has me going in circles!!

@Flameotter  Bell sells, or at least used to sell, a Huawei turbo stick that took a sim.  Is that the sort of thing you're looking for? 

@Flameotter if you have some cannot unlocked mobile internet router that take sim card, yes, you can put the PM sim there and it would work

Flameotter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech Is there any way to use a SIM card in a stick or some sort? There are some options that require a USB Modem like TP-Link business routers. The Tethering option works great with GL-Inet Travel Routers, but I am looking for something that would automatically connect once the main internet line goes down.

Thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Flameotter they don't have data open plan.  But if you need a lot of data for your table, the current $34 plan is as good as many data only plan for tablet out there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Flameotter  No sorry just data for cell phones but you can hotspot your cellular data to tablet or laptop 

Need Help? Let's chat.