cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you actually have 5G data or is it just LTE 4G?

AndreaCoutu
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

7 REPLIES 7

thanks @computergeek541 , typo and corrected

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @AndreaCoutu yes, only iPhone 2 and above has 5G.  But with a 5G plan you have, you cam still get close to PM 5G top speed of 250Mbps even when you are using 4G network 

The 2nd iphone as iPhone 3G?   I'm assuming that was a typo and that was meant to say iPhone 12?

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The plans are based on speed rather than how your phone connects.  Ie any of the plans will allow you to connect with 4G or 5G if your phone is capable of doing so but the speed you connect with is limited based on the plan you have.  My son has an iPhone SE so his phone connection is limited to 4G but he does have a 5G plan so he can get up to 250MBps rather than being limited to 100MBps if it is available.  

hi @AndreaCoutu yes, only iPhone 12 and above has 5G.  But with a 5G plan you have, you cam still get close to PM 5G top speed of 250Mbps even when you are using 4G network 

AndreaCoutu
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

So it turns out that since I have an iPhone 11, it is not compatible with 5G.  But I did Reset Network Settings and now the internet is faster.  But it is just 4G

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AndreaCoutu  It is 5G but slow 5G up to 250mbs unlike Telus 5G+ that’s up to 2GBps huge difference in speed . I have a old 4G plan that uncapped and it’s faster then the regular 5G then public mobiles 5G

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It's 5G

Keep in mind, the 5G can be 'finicky' in that some have reported in certain locations that 4G LTE gives better consistency.

But when you get good 5G, it's just fine. 

Need Help? Let's chat.